HOW MANY 00R's ARE WRECKED

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I have seen 2 wrecked at salvage pools, 1 wreck that was on ebay, and 1 flood car that was at a salvage pool(ended up on ebay too). there was also one that was wrecked at Woodward Cruise a few years back.

michaelm

Established Member
00R Flood

HI

The flood one on eBay............I saw it too.

What did it sell for? Do you remember.

MY 00R should arrive Monday.

Michael Mark, P.Eng.

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
cobra186 said:
I have seen 2 wrecked at salvage pools, 1 wreck that was on ebay, and 1 flood car that was at a salvage pool(ended up on ebay too). there was also one that was wrecked at Woodward Cruise a few years back.

The one wrecked at Woodward, at World Headquarters parking lot, a few yrs. back, if we're talking on the same page, was a test mule(not a real '00R). He was a SVT employee, and didn't lose his job because he 'fessed up to clowning around. If he had tried to lie about it, John Coletti said he would have taken more action.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Cobra R Man said:
The one wrecked at Woodward, at World Headquarters parking lot, a few yrs. back, if we're talking on the same page, was a test mule(not a real '00R). He was a SVT employee, and didn't lose his job because he 'fessed up to clowning around. If he had tried to lie about it, John Coletti said he would have taken more action.

I was there and witnessed that... Priceless :poke:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Where's the video Dave!!! :pop:

Come on now Bruce, you know years ago (2000) digital cameras and phones with video weren't around the way they are today.. Plus it happened on Ford HQ property and security was all over it quicker than flys on sh*t... I was looking for souvenier pieces but didn't get any :coolman:

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
DAVESVT2000 said:
Come on now Bruce, you know years ago (2000) digital cameras and phones with video weren't around the way they are today.. Plus it happened on Ford HQ property and security was all over it quicker than flys on sh*t... I was looking for souvenier pieces but didn't get any :coolman:

Dave,

I was there also. I didn't see it happen, but heard it. Then everyone gatherd around where it happend. The broken front splitter laid there for quite sometime after the car was gone. We had to get in line to cruise down to Woodward, I think. It's been soooo looong ago, like you said (7yrs.).

Xenom

Established Member
OMG saw one yesterday, on a lift has 11 miles on it JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!! This guy bought it drove it home and has just stared it and changed the oil. It's kind of sad I would love to see that thing in action.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
HitmanKB said:
Does that mean that youre the first owner???

I would say the first owner is whoevers name is on the original bill of sale. If this 00R was still at its original Ford dealer, then yes, Mike H is the first owner. If it was purchased by someone else who chose not to title it, then Mike H is not the first owner, but instead the first "titled owner".

I know of a 95R that was sold from car collector/dealer to car collector/dealer without ever getting the title established, this was in 2003. The car had been bought and sold at least 5 times, and the people who owned the car used "dealer tags" to drive/use the 95R without ever transfering the title, it had 3100+ miles on it and had never had the original MSO changed to a title, many owners, but no title. I looked at this car when I was first interested in buying a 95R. The lack of a title on a 8 year old car sent up red flags. I contacted the Fla. DMV to see how I could buy this 95R and get it titled in my name?, as I showed the girl behind the counter a copy of the MSO. The first question she asked me was, "who is going to pay the original taxes on the $38,559 MSRP as listed on the MSO?" It seems that no one up to that time was interested in paying the bucks to get this 95R titled, but instead used it for a toy and then pasted it on. The current owner told me I would have to pay those taxes if I wanted the car and he would not deduct the taxes from the selling price, I passed.

R

Mike H

I Took My Own Avatar Pic
Established Member
HitmanKB said:
Does that mean that youre the first owner???
Yes, sorry. I should have been clearer. It sat in a Ford dealer's showroom in Louisville, driven once to a show with dealer tags on it.

Shoman594

Established Member
Few questions,

The story about the guy wrecking the R at the HQ is crazy! What is the full story, I mean did he just try to do a burnout or something and crash it ?

Where is Job 1 00R ?

Users who are viewing this thread