How many 2017 were made?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I don't beat on my R, but I don't baby it, either. I haven't seen any oil consumption. Just like my GT500, it doesn't burn any.

Red dragon

Established Member
Just curious, what is considered beating on these cars? I would say blasting past redline all day and stuff like that, and hitting every pothole you can find, with no regular maintenance, I would call that beating on it. Other then stuff like that. It's just driving.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
My idea of beating on it is launching from every stop, sitting in parking lots revving the crap out of it, slamming on the brakes constantly, riding around in too low of a gear all day, and trying to accelerate in 6th gear all the time. That said, wringing it out through the gears is what it's made for, and that's what I do at least once every drive, traffic/weather permitting.

Red dragon

Established Member
Just one more thing, cause I honestly dont know with these cars. What IS driving around in to low a gear? At 3000, this car is sleeping. At around 4-5000 it sounds like it's time to change gears, but then after that it starts to make that sweet sound all the way to 8000...

ArkLightning

Established Member
I've had mine about 9 months now and in that time I've only run across one other - at a cruise night. But I don't cruise around a lot and I know there are a few more around here somewhere. I have several cars including vintage ones and I don't give appreciation and investment any priority at all. I buy what I like and admire and enjoy it and don't worry about what it will be worth in the future after I'm gone.

Drewsky65

Established Member
Agreed, it’s just a waste of gas. Not that I give 2 craps about gas mileage in this car. It’s more or less just pointless. I drive VERY spirited pretty much every where is go. But when it’s congested and or just not able to drive fast. 90% of my driving is in 22-3000 rpm

Users who are viewing this thread