How many from the Lafayette Louisiana area?

Quazie

Established Member
Just got my DIB 14 a couple of weeks ago. Other than my neighbor that has one on order I was just wondering how many shelby owners or near where I live. Would like to meet up with some of you guys in the area. The cars are just so fun and I don't have anyone to talk about my car with.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
There are a couple of guys in the New Orleans area with 13s and 14s. Not exactly in the same town but within driving distance if you wanted to hang out. They try to do a monthly cruise to the lakefront I'm pretty sure.

nix5o

Established Member
I'll be trading in my black 13' for a DIB/Black 14' in a week or two. What color stripes did you get?

I'll be home after the 4th, lets all get together one night, it should be fun.

Quazie

Established Member
Cool. To many corvette owners in my area. They all think the corvette and comaro are the only thing to talk about. I would be cool to hang out with some shelby owners.

zr1gerhardt

You can't outrun ugly!
Established Member
Baton Rouge here.

I think I have seen a couple of members in the area, but I have not seen a 13 or 14 on the street.

A lot of GTs in the area though.

Scott

Quazie

Established Member
What color stripes did you get? Where did you buy it from?

I got it from Hub City. Stripe delete was wanting silver strips but Ford don't offer that with the blue anymore. So I went with stripe delete. I leave for work just before the July 4th for a month for work. But will have to get together when I get back.

nix5o

Established Member
Bummer we are on almost opposite shifts. I work 28/28 in Saudi for PHI. Who do you work for?

Quazie

Established Member
Bummer we are on almost opposite shifts. I work 28/28 in Saudi for PHI. Who do you work for?

I work for Baker Hughes. I was working in Ghana West Africa now I am in North Dakota 28/28 also. That sucks about the opposite schedule. I am trying to change schedule so I can be off for Christmas.

Quazie

Established Member
I'm from Lafayette area
My 13 GT500 came from hub city also

I saw a shelby same color as yours last week on ambassador headed to Johnson street. To bad I was going the opposite way. I wanted to chase it down and see who it was. That wasn't happening in Lafayette traffic.

Derek5774

Established Member
I saw a shelby same color as yours last week on ambassador headed to Johnson street. To bad I was going the opposite way. I wanted to chase it down and see who it was. That wasn't happening in Lafayette traffic.

Must not been my car
Mine is at body shop with an unpainted hood
Been there for 2 weeks

Last edited:

Chance42

Established Member
There is one red 2013 in Alexandria, I met this past weekend, cool guy. I'm just one of those pesky Corvette guys though with my z slow 6.

nix5o

Established Member
I work for Baker Hughes. I was working in Ghana West Africa now I am in North Dakota 28/28 also. That sucks about the opposite schedule. I am trying to change schedule so I can be off for Christmas.

It looks like we overlap a week. I'm just taking the scenic route home this time. Maybe we can arrange a Lafayette Shelby meeting sometime when we are all home. :beer:

Anyone a member of the Acadiana Mustang Club? I was a member a few years back, but I could never make the meetings.

Quazie

Established Member
Thought I had the only one local with red candy option

Now that I think about it. It might have been race red with black stripes. Didn't see that great when it flew by. My neighbor is getting a ruby red with black stripes. Should be in this month or early next month.

Users who are viewing this thread