How many GM converts out there?

What was your previous ride?

• Ford all the way - wouldn't be caught dead in a Chevy

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • LT-1/LS-1 F-Body/Vette. Had to have the Terminator.

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Other non-Ford product

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Ok. I'm bored and disappointed about missing Bowling Green. I've noticed after reading this forum for about a year that there seem to be quite a few old F-body/Vette guys now driving Cobras.

I'll start off - had a 93 Z28 M6 LT1. Mildly modified. Used to love killing mustangs - even had a long standing chevy vs ford rivalry going at work... guess they got the last laugh with the general bowing out and ford stepping up with this beast. Made my switch a very easy decision. :burnout:

How many others out there?

Lawman

Established Member
I also own a MG Vert. Your car looks awesome with those anniversary wheels. I have to get me a set.

Darcsun

Established Member
I grew up in Detroit, where it's either Ford or Chevy, no imports and the occasional oddball Mopar guy. My grandfather worked on the Cadillac line, my great grandfather worked for Fisher-Body. My uncle was sales manager at more then a few Chevy dealers, and since we were A plan, we always owned GM products. I owned 6 F-bodies, one of each gen... mostly Z28's.

My last GM, a 1996 Z28 M6 was bought with 13xxx miles in 1999. Within a month, the motor was having issues. I returned it on the 28th day of owning, less then the 30 day guarentee promised by the dealer. For several months, they tried to fix the problem. A friend working at the dealer told me they had there most junior mechanic working the issue. After four months of no car, and a nice Geo Metro rental car... I told them to honor there 30 day guarentee, take the car back and I would spend the extra on a new 1999 Z28.

The short version... they told a 23 year old who had owned 6 F-bodies to F off.

I only purchase fords now.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Originally posted by caveman6666
No brand preference.

Those are my feelings exactly!!! I don't care for this Ford vs. GM crap. I have an appreciation for nice cars both foreign and domestic. I have owned 2 F-bodies since 1996 and loved them both. At the time they were the best bang for the buck car available. A N/A 4.6 DOHC/SOHC motor is no match for an LS1 plain and simple. Up until 2003, GM had the upper hand and simply made a better performing pony car. That has now obviously changed. I like Vettes just as much as Cobras, as long as it is a Z06.

I guess I swing both ways but right now I sure love the 03 Cobra!!!

Hunter6

Established Member
I had a 99 SS and loved it. Chevy hurt my feelings when they cancelled the Camaro. Went shopping for a Corvette or Cobra. Chevy dealer treated me like I was a moron because I wanted a plain jane vette and didn't want the extra goodies. Ford dealer had a MG coupe and that is what I wanted. Options: 390hp, 6manual, radio, working class image. I was sold.

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
I thought I was gonna be a chevy guy for life until the SC Cobra came out. I have 550 to the wheels at the moment and could easily add more if I wanted too.:beer:

jlsnsw

Hello San Diego!!!
Established Member
I still have a 98 Trans Am that I like and want to keep.
Liked the 03 since I first heard about it and looked for them to race in my T/A after I got my car modded. Both are great cars and as a car guy I like them both.

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraFreak
Never even thought about switching until Ford came out with the S/C 03' Cobra...then I did ;-)

Took the words right out of my mouth.........had a built 82 z28 but this car is a killer beast it is............:beer:

SStupid

Established Member
'96 SS

I had a '96 SS Camaro. It ran a 13.8 at Ennis, TX in 38-degree weather, so it wasn't too shabby, but after test-driving the '03 Cobra, I had to have it. Build quality is about the same, but I like the feel of the sitting position in the Cobra better. Another benefit is that the Cobra isn't shaped like a doorstop. I've never had a car with this much power, and it's a rush, but I could do without all the TOB/clutch issues. This is my first Ford, and has already been in the shop more than all of my Chevys put together. I'm sticking with it, though, because it's beautiful and it hauls ass.

My parents have disowned me.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraFreak
Never even thought about switching until Ford came out with the S/C 03' Cobra...then I did ;-)
Yup, I hate to say it, but until now, I never really liked the mustangs either, I guess it all depends whats under the hood !

realsmith

Wally World or Bust
Established Member
5 f-bodies including 1996 6-speed Z-28 and 1 C5. Only Chevy that really interests me is the Corvette. Still have the 2002 GMC K-1500 Z-71 SLT for a daily driver. Would like to trade for a powerstroke if they can get the bugs out of the 6.0L diesel.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had a '94 Callaway Camaro which was a blast but I like the '03 Cobra better. This is my first Ford product and probably my last. I'll enjoy it while I have it. :)

hsthompson

Both my father, grandfather, and uncle all work/worked for GM. I'm A-plan for life, but may never use it. GM is going through a pretty dark design and performance period right now. Sort of like Dodge in the 80s. I'll keep driving Fords as long as I can use my buddy's X-plan.

Poison_S

Established Member
Very interesting poll.

I am suprised that the majority, at this point, came from a non-Ford product.

Evil SS

Established Member
I still have my 2001 Camaro SS. I will never sell the car. It was my first new car that I bought with no co-signer. I have dumped more money into the car than I paid for it when it was new. I have driven many C4 and C5 Corvette's. I just have always liked the feel of a muscle car (Camaro/Mustang) better. My next handling car will be a Noble M12 GTO. I take delivery of her in late April early May. With my Camaro I have gone way passed sane. It will make gobs more power next year than this year and its not doing to shaby now.

Users who are viewing this thread