How many have done all you could...

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
for a pet but still ended up losing them? Just spent $750 on one of my "small dogs"(dumbo earred rat named Possum) and she didn't make it through recovery. Unfortunately, I'm taking it pretty hard because I believe and see all my pets as children and a real part of my family. One of the best pets I've ever had.

RIP Possum. :cryying:

nj7703

Established Member
Sorry to hear about that man. I would do anything for my pets. i certainly care more for them than most people i know. Sorry again for your loss:(

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
I too view my pets as my children. Hell, sometimes I prefer them over my kids.:D

Sorry for your loss though. Just remember the good times you had and never forget Possum.

Good Luck

I spent about $2100 on my dog less than a year after I got it. Had it long enough to get attached to it, then I lost it after spending all the money on it. I ran out of money and didn't have enough to get it the necessary treatment. Bad times...

Poiznus

Super Cool SVT Poster
Established Member
I also see my pets as an extention of my family. They are part of my life and I would have it no other way. I know how hard it is when you lose one. It is a sad thing and it takes time and good memories to get through it.

I'm sorry for your loss man.

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
I hear ya man, i just had 3 new born kittens die from lucemia(sp?). Man i tell my heart dropped when the vet said that there was nothing she could do but put em down.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by Booyah
for a pet but still ended up losing them? Just spent $750 on one of my "small dogs"(dumbo earred rat named Possum) and she didn't make it through recovery. Unfortunately, I'm taking it pretty hard because I believe and see all my pets as children and a real part of my family. One of the best pets I've ever had.

RIP Possum. :cryying:

sorry man, I know exactly what you're going through... Good luck, don't worry about the money and know that it knew you loved it and stuff like that is what matters after a close friend has passed.

ssssnake

Established Member
I've lost a few pets that way and I've shed a lot of tears over my babies. I'm sorry Eric. Remember the good times with Possum.

jleews6

Established Member
Sorry to hear the sad news.Our rott has become one of the family and I cant amagine losing her.
I know nothing can replace your dog but if you get another one it helps.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Nothing worse than losing your best friend. Lost my best friend freshman year, but was able to save another from a puppy mill because of it. Everything happens for a reason.

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
I'm glad to see so many people care about their pets this way, i figured I was one of a million. It's always rough but the only thing that wil get you through it is time. I had a major loss of a an extremely close pet back in 98 and still think about her even today. It was to the point where I didn't want any more pets because I didn't want to feel like that ever again. But we rescued ol Shorts over here and have had her for about 5 years now when she showed up beaten, burned, and painted green. I love her more than anything now and sometimes when I think about my past loss i can't help but to think about what it's going to be like losing Shorty. Kind of a never ending cycle but like one of you said, all things happen for a reason. You only get stronger as time passes and this time I know that she will always hold that place in my heart and have been there with me through this portion of my life and I will never forget that and will always remember how much she meant to me.

Users who are viewing this thread