How many miles per tank are you getting with E85?

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
I recently filled my tank up and ended up with 215 miles out of one full tank of e85. I was extremely happy and very surprised to say the least, cant complain driving a 700 hp car and getting that kinda mileage off of a tank.

itSSlow98

Established Member
I think you forgot to hit the tip meter last time you filled up. Im only getting about that on 93 but I cant run mine past 1/4 with the sump. I get 12/20.

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
I get about 180 per tank. 215 is great!

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
I have a lightning so miles per tank is hard to compare, but i average between 9-10 mpg on e85 depending on how i drive. hand calculated of course.

Digital

Established Member
Miles per tank has to be one of the worst ways to measure fuel consumption. Why don't you just say what MPG you're getting and the ratio of city to highway.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Miles per tank has to be one of the worst ways to measure fuel consumption. Why don't you just say what MPG you're getting and the ratio of city to highway.

Easy, because I reset my trip when I fill up then I look at where it is when it is empty! I am not "measuring" my miles per gallon, neither do I care, the topic of this thread was how many miles per TANK I got out of E85.

Digital

Established Member
Easy, because I reset my trip when I fill up then I look at where it is when it is empty! I am not "measuring" my miles per gallon, neither do I care, the topic of this thread was how many miles per TANK I got out of E85.

And that's a relative term as has been mentioned by many. Some refill at 1/4 tank. Some when ever the light is on give or take 20+ miles, some drive it till it runs outa gas and sit on the side of the road. All of which can be extremely different.

That's like saying your cobra is "fast." How fast? FAST! Well what unit of measurement are you using? IT'S FAST!!!!

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
And that's a relative term as has been mentioned by many. Some refill at 1/4 tank. Some when ever the light is on give or take 20+ miles, some drive it till it runs outa gas and sit on the side of the road. All of which can be extremely different.

That's like saying your cobra is "fast." How fast? FAST! Well what unit of measurement are you using? IT'S FAST!!!!

I am not getting into a pissing match with you about irrelevant nonsense you are trying to argue. If you want to discuss things other than what "I" made this thread for (read first post and the title of thread) then feel free to make your own thread of mpg or whatever it is that floats your boat. Point of this thread was that "I" filled my car up from the E line to the F line with E85. When my car got back to the E line from the F line the clock read 215 miles. Any other irrelevant comments that you type from here on out will be ignored by "I" and not responded to.

Last edited:

sn94cobra

Corn-aholic
Established Member
225 miles today or 17-18 mpg estimated based on me putting in 13 gallons today and ran it 225 miles to about the same spot on the gauge.

This was hwy driving.

Users who are viewing this thread