How many miles per tank are you getting with E85?

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Those are some good numbers espically with all the talk that E85 gas mileage sucks. I am still on 93 and never really ran a full tank to see mileage but if I had to guess maybe MPG 18/21

Digital

Established Member
Go to gas station. Fill car till pump "clicks". Reset trip meter. Drive ~200 miles. Pull into gas station. Fill car till pump "clicks". Do math of miles on trip divided by gallons showing on pump. That's your MPG. Zero need for guess work.
People should be doing that anyways as a sudden spike in your MPG could mean something wrong with your car.

NateV8

Established Member
How are twin screw guys getting 200+ on E85 and I am only getting 115-130 with a ported Eaton? I guess either my Amazon tune sucks ass or those cams are really sucking gas.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
How are twin screw guys getting 200+ on E85 and I am only getting 115-130 with a ported Eaton? I guess either my Amazon tune sucks ass or those cams are really sucking gas.
That's way to low man .... I will check into that tune ASAP or something ! But I will tell you this though , the 202 miles i got was under a well behave foot .. no WoT at all during those miles ....

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member

Geez man, that is really low. Im at 100 miles now on the corn and have not got to the half tank line yet, and this has been all city driving, no hwy.

Last edited:

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member

I have a ported Eaton with 60lbs, BAP and a Amazon tune and I get 250-280 a tank :dancenana: I've been strongly considering the corn.

KJ04SVT

Established Member
Im running the same on E85 with 80 lbs injectors, SCT 2600 MAF, 2.9 whipple setup... Im running around 200-205 on E85. I too have not filled up on 93 since converting back in March.. Love the corn!! And so does my car!! LOL!!

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Im running the same on E85 with 80 lbs injectors, SCT 2600 MAF, 2.9 whipple setup... Im running around 200-205 on E85. I too have not filled up on 93 since converting back in March.. Love the corn!! And so does my car!! LOL!!

Your setup is very similar to mine, minus the sct 3000 maf and return fuel system. What are you making on how many lbs.?

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Subbing for future for my cobra

But what is wrong with my wife's cars?
99V6 mustang vert auto. Never gets 200 miles in city traffic on 87 pump gas?

Is she just driving fast maybe?

Last edited:

johnjon87

Established Member
i get about 4mpgs in the city and 7 on the highway.. I haven't driven only on highway yet so ill recalculate that one when I get to go on a trip some where.. Im running a return style fuel system and 116lb injectors.. 3.6lc KB Custom L&M built Long Block, CNC ported Heads, and Custom 4v sc Cams

Last edited:

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
Have you found any places in Arlington/NoVA area with E85 at the pump??

There's one off Navy Anex by the Pentagon but rumor is the station won't be there much longer that's why I've been holding back. And there's one on RT17 in Fredericksburg which is 20 mins from my work. And I believe a couple others but these two would be the most convenient for me.

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
if I baby it, I can get about 180 miles out of it...

got 160 miles from LA to Sacramento doing 75-80 the whole way...

typically with some heavy foot stuff and normal driving, I get 135-140 miles

my tank is sumped and all which makes it only accept around 12 gallons

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
I normally put 10 gallons (2, five gallon jugs) in it once it gets to the E. on my 215 miles I got, I filled it up from E till the hose clicked so it was more than 10 gallons, I cant remember what the gas pump said it was exactly.

so you're getting 21 mpg???...that sounds a little high but ok..good shit...lol

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
so you're getting 21 mpg???...that sounds a little high but ok..good shit...lol

I don't do the math, I just reset trip when I put gas in. Its not my dd, so could care less about mpg, miles per tank is what I see when I reset trip. A good tune and tuner goes a long way, but thanks, I'm certainly enjoying it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread