How many miles per tank are you getting with E85?

Evil homer

Established Member
How are twin screw guys getting 200+ on E85 and I am only getting 115-130 with a ported Eaton? I guess either my Amazon tune sucks ass or those cams are really sucking gas.

seems about right thats the same mpg i get with a mix of city and lil hwy driving and this isnt agressive driving either :shrug: what gives ? ported eaton as well :??:
I do have 4.10s tho

Last edited:

firedog90

Established Member
Man I wish I got mileage like most of you. I only go to about half a tank sometimes a 1/4. I get about 60 miles or so for half and 80-90 for 1/4. It doesn't matter whether it's city or highway. Having a th400 sucks for highway driving. Even when I was on 110 it got about 10mpg with the 6 speed and KB 2.8M

Last edited:

Chances50

Established Member
I average 150-160 in e85 and 240-250 on 91 mixed driving and that's not trying for mileage. I didn't build it to putt around.lol

1badsilversvt

turn up the boost
Established Member
I get about 215 per tank shifting when the little arrow tells me to shift, and still get way better then 130 with my foot in the radiator

Turbo900rr

Established Member
Im getting 20 mpg highway with cruise set running 80 and 13.5 in town driving like it should be driven. 2012 5.0, a6, 80 lb injectors, stage 2 d1sc procharger running 12 psi.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
I just can't believe you drive all the way there for gas. I'd rather order a 55 gal drum. Lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I drive there every 3 months to get gas, I have my own jugs, and now have a drum I take. Its only 30 mins away from me, but I would drive an hour to get this stuff, once you use it you never look back!

PudgeTheMidget

Established Member
I drive there every 3 months to get gas, I have my own jugs, and now have a drum I take. Its only 30 mins away from me, but I would drive an hour to get this stuff, once you use it you never look back!

If my car wasn't a dd, I'd definitely go the way of the corn.

Although I did finally rid the cobra of its 3ft long antenna. :D

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Blackedout

Established Member

^^^^ Agree... One of the top 3 MODS I have done and would never change.. :beer:

dlaude

Established Member
I need to extrapolate data here, but I would get ~235 miles per tank. That's VERY conservative driving (that's just about 15mpg for those mathematically inhibited). I typically average 14mpg, which would get me 220 miles per tank. I've gotten as low as 11mpg, or 172 miles per tank. I'm sure I could get less if I tried. More would take patience I don't have, but it is do-able.

This is for an '04, stock eaton, 2.76 pulley, mid-pipe, catback, and JLT true cold air. Fuel system is a triple pump lethal system (went overkill to prep for the twin screw that's atop my to-do list).

My favorite part - 486hp, 495tq.

I had to extrapolate data because I usually fill up at about 1/2 tank, ~100 miles, because E-85 isn't as readily available as I'd like and I don't want to get stranded somewhere. It used to be literally every half mile around here, but Gas City auctioned off ALL their stations in the SW Chicago burbs. That was a bummer, but I've still got one station 2 miles away, another just a couple more miles away, and a few more a little further than that.

Bud

Established Member
Im getting 20 mpg highway with cruise set running 80 and 13.5 in town driving like it should be driven. 2012 5.0, a6, 80 lb injectors, stage 2 d1sc procharger running 12 psi.

I'm gettin about 18mpg in my 2012 A6 with a 2.9 and ID1000's. That includes some occasional full throttle blasts but usually pretty tame with it. I drive it 60+ miles each way to work so would be nice to get a little better mileage out of it. Filling it up every 1.5 days or so as I try to keep the tank over 1/4 to keep the pumps cool.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
^^^^ Agree... One of the top 3 MODS I have done and would never change.. :beer:

Agreed also!!!! :dancenana: ....Thanks again for letting me see the light :burnout: ...ONE of my favorite mods!

FYI : Will you PLEASE update the numbers in your sig :cuss: .... :thumbsup:

...Currently checking my MPG :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread