Established Member
I'm going to:

change @ ~500 mi with Motorcraft 5W-20
change @ ~2500 mi with Motorcraft 5W-20
change @ ~5000 mi with Mobil1 5W-30

and the regular changes thereafter with Mobil1

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
I changed mine first time @ 800 miles. RIGHT at a Jiffy Lube before I ran it down the track.

Wont hurt to wait either. The car comes with 1/2 synethic I believe.

Will probably run Mobile1 5W-30 in summer and change every 4K. 0W-30 in winter.

Amsoil is another excellent product. Costs more, but I used to run my cars at least 10K with Amsoil and Amsoil filter. Did some oil analysis' and the oil is still VERY good with 12K of use.

If you compare Mobile1 to most any good synthetic you will find that its not quite as good as some,and better than others. That said, its safe to run Mobile1 for at least 4K or more in these cars. My dad used to change his mobile1 every 25K or more. Trans gave WAY before engine (350K on engine 3.8 V6 GM).

Its a very good oil and easy to find and priced very well. If you do mostly highway miles, I would prolly change it at 5-6K intervals or so. If you do LOTS of short trips (very bad!), cold starts, etc... Change it at MOST every 3K.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Thanks for your replies. I thought that synthetics slow or stop the break in process. I have 750 miles now, it seems some of you do a standard change after 500 miles. Does the oil get that contaminated so fast from break in????

Users who are viewing this thread