How many people don't drive their cobras enough

testorossa1989

Established Member
A serious question. I've had mine going on 8 years in my early 20s and now everyone I used to cruise with have gotten older and decided to get married and settled into a family. This resulted in me taking my car out maybe 4 times a year if that. How much do you guys drive your car or don't drive them enough?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cj428mach

Established Member
I like to drive mine on nice days but I've gone only a few hundred miles in the last year as I have a 7 month old and choose to spend my nights and weekends with her instead. I plan to get it out a lot more when I can take her with me in the car, I have told my wife that my daughter will be seeing boost before she turns 1.

Ninedown

Established Member
Bought my car is 2005 with 10,500 miles on it. Now it has slighlty over 22k. Last year I put 1 mile on it. This year it hasnt been out of the garage.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Yep, I barely drive mine. I got my Vert in April of 16 with 75K miles on it. When I first got it I did a lot of work to it in order to get it up to my standard. After that I parked it in my car port and covered it. Car has just over 76K miles on it now.

My coupe I got it in 07 with 27K on the clock. It has 46K on it now. The math on that is 19K over 11 years. That equals just over 1700 miles per year.

My Roush is even worse. I bought it new in 02 with 1700 miles on it because it was a demo car for Roush. It only has 7450 miles on it now. My brother used to be a Texas vehicle inspector. He told me one time I only drove it 140 miles over the course of a year.

I know a lot of people say drive it like you stole it, but I like to preserve my vehicles. I enjoy them my way, but prefer to keep the miles off of them :D.....

TxCobra76

Established Member
Bought mine about 3 years ago. Had 21,700 then and now it sits with 22,500. Garage queen!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Recon

Established Member
Drove my Roush a total of 120 miles last year. It might have 15 miles on it this year. Rear end is off center again; the suspension must’ve finally settled after the lowering springs install. GT has maybe 100 miles on it this year; isn’t on the road now due to the original 11 (or 12) year old tires that are dry rotted to shit. Mach 1 is still under restoration.
I drive them when I want to drive them, and when it’s nice.

Pick your poison.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I think "enough" is subjective. Some people are fine with putting a few miles on in a year. Where others drive their car every day. I believe I'm in between. I'll drive mine randomly to the store or work. Or just for fun. I bought it with 97k in 2015 and it now has 111k. But that's what I bought it for. Some enjoy just owning it and keeping it clean.

testorossa1989

Established Member
My biggest battle I have is starting it enough to stir the corn a bit and flat spots in the tires. 7 years ago I drove it all the time. Now, I take it about 2-400 miles including going to get a sticker.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I average about 1k miles a year. Last year was less than that with Grandpa in declining health and family as well. It didn’t get driven as much. I put like 800 on it driving it back from VA to OH when I got it in 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HPLouis

Established Member
I bought the convertible on 10/15 with 2777 miles. Sold it in 3/18 with 4904 miles. In 29 months, I put on 2127 miles. The car gets stored from Nov through April.

I bought the coupe on 5/18 with 14,593 miles and I just got it inspected this morning and it has 14,733 miles. I put on 140 miles so far.

Like others, I have a Pathfinder for the winter and my daily driver is a GS350 so the Mustang is a toy I drive once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread