How much are my cats worth

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
So I sold my 08GT500, I wasn’t driving it anymore and my local tracks are shutting down, and I have my stock mid pipe with the cats. I was offered 200 to cut the cats off and ship to a guy on Facebook but that got me thinking maybe it’s worth more. Funny thing is I would’ve taken 100 as is before I got the offer. Anyone here sell their cats and what did you get. Thanks

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Its worth whatever someone will pay. $200 for just the cats sounds good. Typically the factory X pipe is going for about 250-350

PM-Performance

Established Member
your only chance of selling it whole is if someone needs cats for inspection, but most are not willing to pay that price just to put a stock pipe on.
You should easily be able to find people locally to buy them for $200 though. Just look on craigslist and FB marketplace for people buying cats.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I sold the ones off my 11 for $ 200.
Had them posted for sale here but everyone that was interested required shipping, which is very high.
UPS wanted them banded to a pallet to ship them, which would make them freight..
I have the stock set up off my 14, less than 700 miles on it, that I'll get around to posting for sale, one of these days..
Pa-Mustang-show-415.jpg

XP900

Established Member
I sold the ones off my 11 for $ 200.
Had them posted for sale here but everyone that was interested required shipping, which is very high.
UPS wanted them banded to a pallet to ship them, which would make them freight..
I have the stock set up off my 14, less than 700 miles on it, that I'll get around to posting for sale, one of these days..
View attachment 1676934
I may be interested in your stock 2014 pipes and cats...live in NY. let me know if you post them. I would like to know the pipe diameter below the cats if you ever get a chance to check it.
Thanks

Last edited:

XP900

Established Member
So I sold my 08GT500, I wasn’t driving it anymore and my local tracks are shutting down, and I have my stock mid pipe with the cats. I was offered 200 to cut the cats off and ship to a guy on Facebook but that got me thinking maybe it’s worth more. Funny thing is I would’ve taken 100 as is before I got the offer. Anyone here sell their cats and what did you get. Thanks

You can have CATs custom built for $175 each new...using your old ones as the template....don't know if that includes any shipping discounts
so use that as a guide.

HKusp

Established Member
XP900, As I was reading Alibi's post, I was thinking to myself "I know a guy who would be interested in those..." , lol.

boost88

Established Member
I just recycled 4 cats from my 98 for 300 bucks. That was in Illinois. Check with a recycler in your area

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I dont know the difference between years, I see a guy on FB paying $800 _ shipping for the lightning ones

PM-Performance

Established Member
Seems like a good price. I have a pair of Magnaflow Cats I' d like to sell off also.
people dont really buy the aftermarket cats for recycling. They are not the same quality or density or materials as OEM
Not sure if they all are, but I know there was a rampage for stealing older Ford cats because they were platinum cores inside them which were worth money.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I did a little research and they can range from practically nothing to 500+ depending on the make. Factory cats are worth much more than aftermarket. I just have to imagine that if someone is willing to pay 200 bucks just for the cats they have to be worth a bit more for them to make it worth their time and effort. I’ll try to sell it locally, if I can’t move it I’ll cut the cats off and ship. Would a hack saw work or a dreamless with a cutoff wheel?

PM-Performance

Established Member
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I did a little research and they can range from practically nothing to 500+ depending on the make. Factory cats are worth much more than aftermarket. I just have to imagine that if someone is willing to pay 200 bucks just for the cats they have to be worth a bit more for them to make it worth their time and effort. I’ll try to sell it locally, if I can’t move it I’ll cut the cats off and ship. Would a hack saw work or a dreamless with a cutoff wheel?

The problem is, they need to make money. So in order for you to make more you need to find where they are recycling to. But these guys likely get more money for them where they go as they drop in bulk.
This is capitalism at its finest

Users who are viewing this thread