How much do you guys think she's worth?

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I'm needing a truck a lot more than I need a mustang right now and am gonna try to sell the Cobra. How much do you guys think it's worth?

2001 Convertible, 80k miles.
New cloth top
MAC LTs, VRS o/r X, Borla CB
Built SRA: Eaton Tru-trac, 4.56's, Moser 31 spline, TA girdle
Adjustible UCA and LCA
Steeda Tri-ax
Lowered, QA1 shocks
Made 324/324

Driver's seat has some pretty good wear, but the rest are in decent shape. Has the normal squeaks rattles most mustangs I've been in have. Has been in a rear end collision, but has clean title. Car is not in great shape, but overall good.

SAM_0036.jpg

5932_101537588970_507358970_2005459.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

marshal wall

Established Member
The market value for the new edge Cobra's is in the toilet and I would guess that well used example like yours would fall in the $9000 zone.:eek:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
8-9 grand sadly.

That's about what I thought and I'm ok with it. I gave 10,300 for it over 3 years ago. I listed it on Craigslist for $9k just before making this thread. Some prick has already sent an email asking if I'd take 6500.

ShadesofGrey

Established Member
If you don't mind me asking, how did you get what I assume is 324/324 rwhp/tq?

I have a Magnaflow catback, K&N filter, U/D pulley set, and a tune(Im assuming this as Traction Control is always off?). What would I need to hit 330 rwhp, 330 rwtq?

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
That's about what I thought and I'm ok with it. I gave 10,300 for it over 3 years ago. I listed it on Craigslist for $9k just before making this thread. Some prick has already sent an email asking if I'd take 6500.

Shit like this is why I'll probably never sell my car and also why I hate selling on CL. $6,500 is like Fox body pricing. I think $9k is very fair and should move pretty quick at that price. At least I hope so...

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member

I have a Magnaflow catback, K&N filter, U/D pulley set, and a tune(Im assuming this as Traction Control is always off?). What would I need to hit 330 rwhp, 330 rwtq?

Long tubes, an o/r midpipe, and a good tune should get you close.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.

Well according to the OP the only other thing he has is a midpipe and LT's. But 330 seems a little high with just those mods. Even with a tune i dont see that but i guess its possible.

I dont think 9k is too bad. Its a 10 year old car with 80k on it. I paid 10k with 69k on mine. So 8-9k sounds about right. lol at all the k's.

Last edited:

ShadesofGrey

Established Member
hmm

Well according to the OP the only other thing he has is a midpipe and LT's. But 330 seems a little high with just those mods. Even with a tune i dont see that but i guess its possible.

I dont think 9k is too bad. Its a 10 year old car with 80k on it. I paid 10k with 69k on mine. So 8-9k sounds about right. lol at all the k's.

330 is def a bit high, but damn if there's anything I can do to get there, I will do it. I'd be really happy with 325/325 rwhp/tq... thats for sure!

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I hope you are going to buy a Lightning then!

Haha, my old man has a like new 01 Lightning. It's a lot of fun, but just as unpractical as my Cobra. Looking at crew cab mid-full size pick ups. Going to check out an 04 Silverado this weekend.

slick4_6

Established Member
Haha, my old man has a like new 01 Lightning. It's a lot of fun, but just as unpractical as my Cobra. Looking at crew cab mid-full size pick ups. Going to check out an 04 Silverado this weekend.

Wait a couple months. If gas prices go where everyone is expecting them to go trucks are gonna get cheap. I am tossing around the idea of selling my Lightning right now for that very reason.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i'll give you a $100 bucks for it!

I would love to have an 01 vert!

serously though i would say 9k is a fair price...hate to see a fellow new edger sell his car though. I too am looking for a truck but i won't sell my cobra for one. i own it and i never drive it so i refuse to sell it because of the market and of how much i have into the car.

i am hoping the truck prices bottom out this summer with rising fuel prices and i can score one on the cheap but who knows

Last edited:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
How much was it for the new top?

$1200 installed.

i'll give you a $100 bucks for it!

I would love to have an 01 vert!

serously though i would say 9k is a fair price...hate to see a fellow new edger sell his car though. I too am looking for a truck but i won't sell my cobra for one. i own it and i never drive it so i refuse to sell it because of the market and of how much i have into the car.

i am hoping the truck prices bottom out this summer with rising fuel prices and i can score one on the cheap but who knows

I like my car, but it's not what I need right now. Some day down the road, a DOHC 5.0 may be in my garage.

wma8706

Established Member
interesting combo you have. NA drag race mods in a vert body. Verts are a hard sell for someone that is into drag racing especially without a power adder but your car should be a blast to drive around the streets. This is what your car would be worth here in California if it is smog legal......
01vert.jpg

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
330 is def a bit high, but damn if there's anything I can do to get there, I will do it. I'd be really happy with 325/325 rwhp/tq... thats for sure!

Hell yeah me too. Thats LS1 territory :burnout:

But LT's will give you the most increase in hp. Then a midpipe and get it tuned. After that i dont know what else you could do. Get some gears and it will get you in your power band quicker and deff help the performance of your car.

blackserpent999

Established Member
lol @6500

If you paid 10300 3 years ago then you got your money out of it.

+1 to that... I got my 99 with 124k on the odometer for dirt cheap. Believe it or not, a good friend of mine offered me $9k for it recently because he knows the work i put into and and knows it sits in a garage unabused. If you want to get the most money for it and the best buyer, post it everywhere. Ebay classifieds is free along with Craigslist, but you get lowballed alot with either. If youre willing to pay for a global Ebay listing or Carmax, you can probably squeeze more out of it to the right buyer.

Users who are viewing this thread