How much for used Stock H-pipe w/ cats?

crr084

Established Member
Going to be selling my stock H-pipe w/ cats (has 40k original miles on them) locally, any clue what I should ask for it? What have some of you sold them for?

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Good luck! I have had mine FS many times and it is like new with 5000 miles not 1 reply ever. If you need money cut the cats off and scrap them. I have heard you can get close to or over $100.00

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
To echo SVT CAMR, food for thought, my parents recently scrapped an old cat converter they had from one of their vehicles. They got $100 for just the one tiny converter. There are 4 on your H-pipe. You do the math.

SVT CAMR

Established Member
OH MY! I will have to consider this now! I hate to take good parts for our cars and scrap them but.........from what you said we should get at least $200 minimum! Wow!

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
100.00 is what they are going for around here. If it were me...I would keep it. When it comes to selling the car the buyer might want that part. I've been discourage from many car purchase just because it didn't come with the stock mid pipe...tough to clear smog without the stock pipe here in Ca.

96dreamer

Established Member
i sold my stocker a few months ago for 75. your most likely not going to get $100 for it at the scrap yards, i think about 80 is the going rate around st.louis last i checked. unless metal has gone up that much in the past months.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
i sold my stocker a few months ago for 75. your most likely not going to get $100 for it at the scrap yards, i think about 80 is the going rate around st.louis last i checked. unless metal has gone up that much in the past months.

It's not the pipe itself. They could care less about it. It's the precious metals in the converters that make them valuable.

Monster Mach

Established Member
I scrapped mine for 165 all together.. I haven't seen them fall below 150.. so that's a good starting point
Don't waste time cutting them up.. go to the scrap yard.. if they offer less than 140 say well the yard 40 mins away offered 160
This is here just to piss you off :)

Last edited:

96dreamer

Established Member
It's not the pipe itself. They could care less about it. It's the precious metals in the converters that make them valuable.
i know where the value comes from just giving info on what i know from experience. Around me you might be able to get $100 for the whole thing on a good day but not a chance on $100 per cat for our pipe, i could maybe see it on bigger converters on trucks

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
i know where the value comes from just giving info on what i know from experience. Around me you might be able to get $100 for the whole thing on a good day but not a chance on $100 per cat for our pipe, i could maybe see it on bigger converters on trucks

Just sharing my experience as well. The converter my family got rid of was the size of the smallest one on our h-pipes. Perhaps the salvage yard they went too is just generous :shrug:

Last edited:

96dreamer

Established Member
maybe the ill side is a bit more expensive, seems everything else is lol. it may have gone up that much i think it was around december that i dumped mine.

Users who are viewing this thread