how much HP gain on a ported Eaton?

MJG

Established Member
DONT FORGET DUDE you and I have Canadian Dollars here, unless the 4 grand your talking is American.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
whats the smarter decision..??
going with a built bottom end so you dont have to worry about popping your engine. Then building the transmission so that is worry free too.

heads/cams/eaton makes good power. A twin screw makes more and it's easier. But turning up the boost is a good way to cause engine failure. Others have lasted a long time, others like me have not. It's your choice.

I recommend a stock lower pulley until you can build at least the engine. Especially if it's your only vehicle. If you choose to turn up the boost, start saving for a new engine.

If you can ride shotgun in a built L with an eaton and twin screw turned up, there is no comparison. Twin screws dominate.

Last edited:

Pun64

Established Member
I agree with Svt-bansheeMan!!! if anything port the eaton yourself it isn't difficult, there's a how to on here. It's also better having an engine that works so you can sell it!!! If anyone is interested i'll sell my steig ported blower for a 99-00?

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Whipple if you arn't worried about blowing the motor.

Ported Eaton if you want to be conservative.

It really is that simple.

Users who are viewing this thread