How much money have you "invested" in your Terminator?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Am I the only one with a binder with all my receipts in it? Mine is a 98 though

I'd be afraid to add it up. I think it would be too discouraging.

On its 3rd engine, 2nd trans, 2nd rear-end with 3rd selection of gears, custom turbo kit etc
I've owned it since 2004 though, so the $ was more spread out over time I guess.

20210725_135841.jpeg
20210725_140125.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
damn! that is oranized. i have all reciepts and every penny spent has been recorded on my old laptop, but it would be a bitch to tally it all up.

i do know that once i bought my coupe ($25k in 2012), i immediately spent about $6k buying all the same mods my vert had

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

On its 3rd engine, 2nd trans, 2nd rear-end with 3rd selection of gears, custom turbo kit etc
I've owned it since 2004 though, so the $ was more spread out over time I guess.

View attachment 1713585View attachment 1713586

My notch has a binder. My cobra has a folder with all my receipts, but slowly doing a binder for that. Sounds like a great winter project.

It's definitely nice to have, but I won't add mine either.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

KINGCarnge

170 of 2003 10th Anniversary
Established Member

That is freaking sweet

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve got a binder with a lot of stuff but misc stuff like hoses and fittings aren’t in there, I usually don’t think to print out something like a PayPal receipt either

03' White Snake

Established Member
I stop counting around 50k because I really don't want to know the answer. I used to keep all the receipts, but some of them have gotten so faded and illegible over the years I stopped. I have all them from the latest engine build and that's north of 12K right there.

2 engines, 2.8H KB, magnum, return fuel system, TF wheels, MM cage, suspension, intakes and exhaust setups. It adds up real fast. Had my car since 07'. So for owning the car for over 15 yrs its not bad. Definitely a few thousand every year it seems.

I have a friend with a 66 coupe, easily 100K into it.

quad

Established Member
It is not an " investment " .
Said and done, you spend 20k plus for the car put 23k into the car , and it comes down , you will get 20k for the car .
If it was an investment, you would reap 50-60k .
Not happening .
20k these days is not much. I agree it's not an investment but why would anyone sell their Terminator for 20k? Not happening is all I can say. Don't plan on selling the Terminator even though I don't drive it much. I just like that I have it. I also have about 20k-25k into it excluding purchase price (bought new in 2004), insurance, gas, maintenance etc.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Make sure to keep an actual record of the money spent...so if you die, your wife won't sell it for what you told her you spent. Lol

Sent from my Potato

quad

Established Member
I stop counting around 50k because I really don't want to know the answer. I used to keep all the receipts, but some of them have gotten so faded and illegible over the years I stopped. I have all them from the latest engine build and that's north of 12K right there.

2 engines, 2.8H KB, magnum, return fuel system, TF wheels, MM cage, suspension, intakes and exhaust setups. It adds up real fast. Had my car since 07'. So for owning the car for over 15 yrs its not bad. Definitely a few thousand every year it seems.

I have a friend with a 66 coupe, easily 100K into it.
I think I have all the receipts in a binder (and email) including the original window sticker. I also have all original parts in the garage and basement. I still have the original tires on the original rims lol! Those tires are now 16 years+ old. One day I will organize it all in one room.

dazwelding

Established Member

I also have a binder. However, currently it’s a binder with a pile stacked on top of it that needs organized and put away! :)

03' White Snake

Established Member
I think I have all the receipts in a binder (and email) including the original window sticker. I also have all original parts in the garage and basement. I still have the original tires on the original rims lol! Those tires are now 16 years+ old. One day I will organize it all in one room.

I have all my OG parts except the stock trans, sold that for the magnum. I have 2 OG tires left, 2 rims with less than 500 miles on them, literally as close to brand new as it gets. Half my car is in boxes in the garage. I don’t sell or modify any of the stock parts. I will buy a second set before modifying anything.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
For documentation I have a hanging file bin with slots for all of my cars, toys, pretty much anything that has a motor. I have a binder that has the SVT certificate, 10th letter, and some other documentation in it separately. Maybe one day I'll combine them.

35thPonyGT

Schwing!
Established Member
Shoot... I've plugged in a 2.2 KB, fuel system, RST and FTBR kit.
That's about $6k right there. Add another $1-2k for all the chicken-sh*t suspension and whatnot

adds up fast, dont it :D

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I did this once back in 2009 when I got bored. I stopped adding it up after I passed the 35k mark (more than I paid brand new for it in 2003). I have a new motor build in the works with the some of the best parts you can get with a Gen5 Whipple and MS3 Pro ECU. Considering swapping out the Lentech 4r70 I put in for a built 6r80 while I'm at it. I would say I'm pushing close to 60k plus the price of the car. Luckily I don't care anymore just as long as I get the car where I want it. Helps that I have zero plans to ever sell it :)

Ken

stangfreak

Established Member
I did this once back in 2009 when I got bored. I stopped adding it up after I passed the 35k mark (more than I paid brand new for it in 2003). I have a new motor build in the works with the some of the best parts you can get with a Gen5 Whipple and MS3 Pro ECU. Considering swapping out the Lentech 4r70 I put in for a built 6r80 while I'm at it. I would say I'm pushing close to 60k plus the price of the car. Luckily I don't care anymore just as long as I get the car where I want it. Helps that I have zero plans to ever sell it :)

Ken

Ken, the 6R80 swap, are people still having isses with the stand alone ecu? I can't remember the name of it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread