How much off MSRP can I expect on a new Super Duty?

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Just as the title says, I am thinking of getting rid of my 2015 Super Duty and going to a new 18 or 19. How much are dealers coming off sticker now? I got almost 10k off on my 15 in Jan of 15, but I don't see deals like that anymore. I am only really seeing like 6 or 7k at the most.

Powerstroke crew cab 4x4. Probably a Lariat this time around.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I bought my 2017 F350 DRW (Delivered to dealer in Dec 17) over the 2018 Memorial Day weekend.

MSRP: $78,6XX
Paid: $69,000 + TTL
Extra Included: Pro-Certified Lifetime Powertrain Warranty (aftermarket warranty with zero deductible through the dealer). I figure the warranty is worth $1-3k.

Without checking the current offerings, you should be able to secure a truck for invoice minus rebates without much resistance. The 2018’s will probably have more rebates than the 2019’s. If the revates are right, you can get $10k off.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely contact 13Cobra. I asked him a similar question and gave him an example I was considering close to me. He took the time to tell me what it would sell for on his lot. My main takeaway was that 13Cobra would be worth talking to before my next purchase (when I am ready). Btw, 13Cobra's price, if he had the same vehicle on his lot, ended up being better than my local dealers best price.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yeah, contact Nick. I would've got my 18 from him, but my local dealer meet his price and it's 15 minutes away.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah contact that dude.

It all depends. The higher priced a vehicle, the more markup, meaning the more discount. The highest rebates I see on Super Duties right now (EXCLUDING private offers that some people qualify for and some don't) are $2,000-2,500. There's about $5,550 in mark up. So $7,500-8,000 off is the going rate right now and dealers aren't making anything at that number.

Last edited:

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Went and looked.

My 2017 F250 list was $72,735.00
Dealer sales price to me was $65,703.00
There was an additional $1,000.00 rebate from Ford at the time too, or $8,032 total off list.

I know a lot of Ford dealership owners, and I regularly buy Fords for me, my wife, and the company so I may get a better deal than most.

Oh, and I ordered mine (if it makes a difference).

E

_Snake_

Established Member
Yeah contact that dude.

It all depends. The higher priced a vehicle, the more markup, meaning the more discount. The highest rebates I see on Super Duties right now (EXCLUDING private offers that some people qualify for and some don't) are $2,000-2,500. There's about $5,550 in mark up. So $7,500-8,000 off is the going rate right now and dealers aren't making anything at that number.

Great info, and thanks for sharing.
How do those numbers compare to an X-plan? Just curious.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great info, and thanks for sharing.
How do those numbers compare to an X-plan? Just curious.

X-Plan will be $50-125 over invoice, which will in turn cost you and additional $800-1,500.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow! I thought it’d be closer, and possibly even the same. Thanks.

A/Z Plan is. (A= currently employed by Ford Motor Company or Ford Motor Credit. Z= Retired from Ford Motor Company or Ford Motor Credit.)

X Plan is basically invoice, and Ford will give the dealer an additional couple hundred dollars.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
"which will in turn cost you and additional $800-1,500."

Can you explain?

X Plan will cost you an additional $800-1,500 depending on the vehicle, compared to what I just priced.

In other words, X Plan price is HIGHER than what a lot of dealers are selling them for.

Users who are viewing this thread