How much power am I really putting to the ground?

93feature

Established Member
hey guys i can't speak for the newer slush boxes but from a stock aod from the 93 era which is what i have right from the horses mouth at new england dyno and tune in worcester ma, a 25% loss is to be expected from an automatic. L8r

p.s my friends 5.0 completely stock 93 titanium fox stick car made 193 rwh 227rwt your automatic may make 230 which is pretty gound for a stock slush box! and my friends 95 sn made 175 bone stock with aode.

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Originally posted by 93feature
hey guys i can't speak for the newer slush boxes but from a stock aod from the 93 era which is what i have right from the horses mouth at new england dyno and tune in worcester ma, a 25% loss is to be expected from an automatic. L8r

p.s my friends 5.0 completely stock 93 titanium fox stick car made 193 rwh 227rwt

That sucks, especially the torque. Glad I'm not stuck with a 93'. Worse fox-body year ever. Except the Cobras of course.

93feature

Established Member
wow thats rough pal, didn't realize you had something against fox bodies except your own. atleast thats the way i took it!

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Originally posted by 93feature
wow thats rough pal, didn't realize you had something against fox bodies except your own. atleast thats the way i took it!
93's do suck. lower power ratings, shitty pistons. I'm glad that I don't have a 93'. If I had it my way I would've gotten an 89'.

blacksrt

Established Member
Stampede3, what are you talking about? Click on the dyno graph man, geez!

Looks like 234.59 to me buddy!

93feature

Established Member
well i know that my hyper whatever pistons are holding up 530 horse so no complaints for this 93 fox vert so i guess having only a third of the power would make anybody a little short with people!L8r

93feature

Established Member
I don't mind at all! Iam running tfs track heat heads that are unported which should have been done there not the smoothest casting out there. I have 1.73 rr with a "e" cam,tfs track heat upper and lower intake ported by free breathen lou,accufab 75mm throttle,77 pro-m, full msd ignition twin 255lph fuel pumps, stock fuel rails and lines,custom 2" uneaqual length shorties,bassani off road pollished x with 3 chamber flows.A-trim [email protected] ya stock tranny(aod)I don't have a chip burnt there is no fmu anymore either. I also agree that 93's lacked in power and the newer ones have come up a little in power. I don't know much about the newer ones so im not going to objective about any of this stuff just observant so i can learn. I got objective once on this site over a mach 1 and i was schooled in a hury! so now i will just listen and ask ??'s because im going to buy another stang i just don't know which one yet and this is the place to get a ton of info! This is one of my friends new editions to the family.hope this works.I reread this whole thread and everyones right mustangboo just dosen't get it!oh well

jim_and_tammys_coral_014_large_web_view.jpg

jim_and_tammys_coral_016_large_web_view.jpg

Here is a pic of my motor
mvc003s.jpg

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Originally posted by blacksrt
Stampede3, what are you talking about? Click on the dyno graph man, geez!

Looks like 234.59 to me buddy!
Sorry, my bad, I was reading the paragraph above it, they were talking average HP and I missed the word average.

93feature

Established Member
yup yup only one from three pulls can't find my first pull which of coarse is the best one.all done on 93 oct at 12*with eric leferria at new england dyno on feb 1st 2003. i am going to call to get the others sent.best pull was 435 rwh 436 rwt
url]

thanks for the compliments!here are a few more if i can get them to work
pics_by_mikebradford_022.jpg

pics_by_mikebradford_018.jpg

pics_by_mikebradford_008.jpg

url]

pics_by_mikebradford_001_large_web_view.jpg

pics_by_mikebradford_015.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread