How much power the 6r80 A6 handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastnature

Established Member
Guys
I'm wondering how much power can the A6 hold on a DD with some track time before it breaks? Will the tranny hold 800 without any modification or will it hold more? How much power are you guys putting to these things without modification?

Fastnature

Established Member
But at 1000hp + are guys tearing these things down once a year to refresh them or just running the piss out them they are holding up

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
People dont post up when built motors and 6r80's let go on the forums for these cars. They like to keep it secret.

stangn

Established Member
I've got just over 4000 miles and 560 hp through it with no troubles yet.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
A good trans tune is required, at high power levels a tune issue will certainly damage clutch packs. Even Exedys.

Fastnature

Established Member
So the A6 with TC will take all the Paxton can throw at it and then some without schedule tear down every year?

D.T.R

Established Member
I'm not sure what it can handle, but i will find out for sure lol. The trans will be the stopping factor for me.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I do not think there is any other transmission in Ford's history, either auto or manual, that is built this tough from the factory.

People dont post up when built motors and 6r80's let go on the forums for these cars. They like to keep it secret.

If they post it, or not, I assure you it's a very small percentage in comparison to failed MT82 manuals used for high horsepower applications.

4VFTW

Established Member
with a good tune and and a clutch upgrade it will hold 800...with a bad tune it will burn the clutches out at 400

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
The 6r80 when upgraded by Circle D and properly tuned will handle enough power to put the car in the 8's

D.T.R

Established Member
The 6r80 when upgraded by Circle D and properly tuned will handle enough power to put the car in the 8's

What you mean by "upgraded by circle D" ? a converter? or the internals of the transmission?
How much can a bone stock 6R80 can handle with a proper tune? would it hold 800whp? (and i know is not the WHP what kills them, but actually the torque)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread