How much time would you give a seller to ship an Item??

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
Note : The seller/shipper will remain nameless,because I am giving him a wide margin of error before I start to get disgruntled.

I made a thread in september regarding how many pieces there where to the 03 04 sideskirts because im making a swap. Well I ended up picking up the long pieces from a guy off Ebay. The long pieces got to my door in a very timely manner. The same time in september,someone on SVTP sent me a thread telling me they had the small pieces I was looking for,and wanted 45 dollars shipped. I agreed and on the 1st of october I sent the payment at around 11:00 pm. Since october 1st when I sent the payment,I have gotten 1,I repeat 1 PM,regarding the transaction,and the words were :

" Hey,The payment just hit my account,I will be shipping out today"

This was 6 Days from the time I sent payment Via paypal. I have NEVER seen payment take that long to reach someone's account. Hell,I just recently payed for a terminator front bumper cover (300 bucks),and the guy recieved the payment the same day I sent it out.

It is now just about 14 days from the day I sent the payment out,and Ive gotten 1 pm from him. Hes also logged on a couple times since the transaction, (the last date being the 10th of october)and I have not gotten a tracking number,or any type of update to as if he even shipped the items out yet or not.

What makes things worse,is hes in St. louis missouri,and im stationed in Ft. Riley kansas,the NEXT state over.

How long would give someone time to explain themselves before you get irate,and upset?? I think for it going on 2 weeks,im pretty calm right now.:fm:

Tremor

NO MERCY
1st does this svt member have good feedback ?

Did you get a tracking number ?

Make sure when you purchase something to get a tracking number asap.

I make sure to ask when it's going to be shipped before I buy an item.

Good Luck

Furinox

Established Member
I've had pretty much the same thing happen to me. I ended up filing a dispute with paypal after 2 weeks claiming no communication from seller and no item received. I still didn't hear anything for another week and then the item showed up. He shipped it the day after I filed the claim.

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
1st does this svt member have good feedback ?

Did you get a tracking number ?

Make sure when you purchase something to get a tracking number asap.

I make sure to ask when it's going to be shipped before I buy an item.

Good Luck

1. Seller has all good feedback.
2. I asked when It was going to be shipped out,AND for a tracking number. Didnt recieve an answer back. But hes had time to log on a couple times since the transaction.

I've had pretty much the same thing happen to me. I ended up filing a dispute with paypal after 2 weeks claiming no communication from seller and no item received. I still didn't hear anything for another week and then the item showed up. He shipped it the day after I filed the claim.

I really dont want to have to do that,seeing as its 45 dollars. But I am pissed off that someone would do this over 45 bucks,instead of just taking the initiative to ship the item out in a timely manner.

we have some friends in STL (i have some off the board as well) if you need someone to knock on his door eventually...

I really dont even want it to come to that,I just understand why you would take your sweet time,or shortchange a person shipping out a 45 dollar item.

Tremor

NO MERCY
Boostlag

On your next purchase, find out when seller will ship before buying.

Hope it all work's out for you.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Um I'd say 3-4 business days is acceptable. At the end of that time period I expect a shipping number or a note.

69mach03

Established Member
When he said that the payment just hit his account, he probably meant his bank account. He waited for PayPal to transfer the instant funds into his checking acct so he'd have the cash in hand. Doubt it's been shipped. Time to do a PayPal dispute and cross your fingers. They typically go through but be prepared to wait several days.

RoyWoods

Established Member
To the OP: FWIW, based on personal experience, if you originally sent your payment to PayPal via check, it may have actually taken 6 days to clear and end up in the Seller's PayPal account. However, if you had a PayPal balance, used a CC, etc., he would have received the money almost immediately.

Regardless, he should have either shipped it by now, or at least made contact with you. It's time to take it to "Smackdown" or file a claim with PayPal, IMO.

Tango7

Established Member
I waited for 3 weeks before a guy on here sent me a catback.. I was worried.. I had called serveral times with no response.. It was shipped and with a tracking number.. Hope you get your parts..

Users who are viewing this thread