How much would milage suffer with tune

flip_86

Established Member
Hey, I'll be picking up a 2010 sho in 2 weeks. I'm very tempted to get a Cai and tune for it, I'm wondering how much it would effect fuel economy, I realize economy isn't usually the goal, but if it's going to be significant I might just spend the money on my 02 HD f150

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
That's mostly going to depend on your right foot! From what I've read, MPG can actually improve when driven with ease. I will be installing my Livernois Stage 4+ tune hopefully by mid week and can let you know. I'm currently averaging 21.6mpg over 13,000 miles with a best of 28.1mpg on a road trip.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
I didn't see any real world difference. These cars really suck the fuel tune or no tune if you keep your foot in it.

It's such a huge difference even a mpg it two would be worth it though.

2007MustangGT

Established Member
I am getting 21.2 average on my tuned 2013 SHO. About 25% of my driving is highway. The tune is well worth it and does not affect my gas mileage much. My foot is always in the throttle.

flip_86

Established Member
I've had my 10' should for 2 weeks, I installed an m design intake and unleashed tune, car runs great, gets 12L per 100km, which I thought was great, but when I convert it to mpg it's only around 20mpg. Anyway I love the car, ordered a 3 bar map today and updated tune.

Users who are viewing this thread