How necessary is low profile IRS bolt

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
I am replacing my Nitto's with M/Ts, same size 305/35/18. Well, I noticed there was some possibly rubbing happening here or there on the inside of the tires from the stock bolt. It didn't look awful or anything.

Just curious is if thats a huge cause of concern to go out and buy the low profile one?

Yes I've searched but it was more straight forward to just ask flatout.

Thanks

Zeekmann

Established Member
dude it's 10 bucks and you wont have to be worried about blowing out a tire. If it's already rubbing now on the stock bolt I would upgrade asap. I added these to both of my setups. plus the MT run wider

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
dude it's 10 bucks and you wont have to be worried about blowing out a tire. If it's already rubbing now on the stock bolt I would upgrade asap. I added these to both of my setups. plus the MT run wider

+1

At the least just grind the stock ones down! IMO its worth 10 dollars though!

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
I have the stock ones ground down on mine... my lowprofile ones are in the mail though. Im still concerned about it since im buying new tires. My tires are wide and i would hate myself if i caused them to blowout..rear tires are so fackin expensive!

mack83

Established Member
plus with the button head irs bolts even if it does rub somehow, atleast it's rubbing a smooth surface instead of a hexagon. hexagon steel head + tire rub = fail.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
plus with the button head irs bolts even if it does rub somehow, atleast it's rubbing a smooth surface instead of a hexagon. hexagon steel head + tire rub = fail.

^This. Exactly why im swapping mine out. Only part I dont like is the lack of torque you can put on the button head bolts with an alan wrench.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
^This. Exactly why im swapping mine out. Only part I dont like is the lack of torque you can put on the button head bolts with an alan wrench.

I believe someone said if you use a Matco allen socket you can torque them to spec. I am not sure of the size(Don't have mine yet) but the matco is supposed to fit perfectly without rounding the button bolts allen head so you can toque them to spec. There might be a thread about it somewhere around here.

03mgtermi

Established Member
YES!! one of the first things you do to remove the springs is to remove these bolts. just slap in the low-profile ones when it all goes back together.

Users who are viewing this thread