How old were you when you got your 1st Mustang...

Chase_

Established Member
15 (On my 4th so far). It was a 1998 with a 5 Speed. I learned how to drive in a manual and plan on doing with my son one day.

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
I was 16. Had a red on red 92 GT. That was in 95. Kept it till 99 when I bought a new SVT Contour. I've had four different mustangs since.

straightliner1

Established Member
Originally, I was handed down Mom's tired 1979 Ghia notchback (V8/AT, first year of the Fox platform) back when I was 16. That under-powered thing couldn't get out of its own way. Bought a gently used 91 GT at age 19 and rocked that through my first marriage until I sold it after my divorce, at age 34. Soon thereafter I picked up a 91 Coupe for a project/track rat and sold that at age 37. Immediately scooped up 2013 Boss 302 which I rocked for about two years then sold it so I could start saving for a house. I've owned a house for 2 years now and just picked up my latest whip (4th Mustang, 9th total Ford product) this past November. See my pic at left. It'll do for now...

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
I was 23. Bought a 2008 black GT convertible with red interior. Gorgeous. Sold it six months later to buy an engagement ring.

Got my next, a 2003 Cobra in 2012. GT500 since.

Love the S197 platform. Miss the raw Cobra. I'll get another some day...

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I was 17. My parents helped me get my 1996 GT in the summer of 05. I was nervous because I driving V8 muscle car and the 220hp was everything to me. I quickly became recognized as the kid with mustang and soon after that the peer pressure came. Kids in my grade wanted to race especially the tuner crowd. I eventually gave in and raced a blue rsx that had a gutted interior and exhaust. The good ole days lol.

Zemedici

Established Member
I was 17. My parents helped me get my 1996 GT in the summer of 05. I was nervous because I driving V8 muscle car and the 220hp was everything to me. I quickly became recognized as the kid with mustang and soon after that the peer pressure came. Kids in my grade wanted to race especially the tuner crowd. I eventually gave in and raced a blue rsx that had a gutted interior and exhaust. The good ole days lol.

did something similar when I had my first cobra.

When I was 18 I started a 350z club in Atlanta, and it grew to 200+ members. I left before it got that big, and I outgrew the 'crew' thing. Well, I sold my z and bought a cobra and immediately started talking shit to all of them (cobra made 366whp, no z will make that without a built motor basically)

and they all wanted to race, and one by one I knocked em down, hell one guy tried me for 10 miles solid, different gears, different speeds, never had anything for me. I probably ran 20 of them (not losing a single one) before they got the hint that Zs arent all that fast.....:D

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
Only car I've ever had was my 02 GT. Got it at 18, only now 20, and it just turned 95.5k. Only a summer/nice weather car

Laffs

Drop-da-top
Established Member
21, had it ever since. Often think of selling it since I rarely use it, but can't seem to bear parting with it.

Force-fed04

Established Member
My first car was a broken 80 z28 on my 16 b-day ,by 16 and 3 months I sold it and got my fist pony white 83 gt 4-eyed fox with 10 hole rims a 5 speed and red interior. lol I love that ugly car!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
32. Got into the game late, was into Harleys since i was 24. Wanted a Mustang after i saw the 2007 GT500, fell in love with the 2010 bodystyle.

First Mustang was a 2014 GT. Bought her new at Encinitas Ford as a model year end close out the week before the 2015s were due to start shipping. Got A TON of rebates and even off invoice. Enough that i was made whole on the Harley I was trading in. My dad loved the car so much after a trip to Nor Cal, i ended up letting him buy the car from me.

Found my 2011 GT500 6 months after that at Carmax. I was the 3rd owner, and the car was sold new at the dealer down the street in my town. Been in love ever since. Been through a lot of ups and downs but its a beast of a car.

paluka21

Established Member
At 18 in the summer of 1995 I purchased a new 1995 mustang cobra. Didn't sell it until a few years ago.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
16 its a 2017 v6. Hopefully it will be complete in the next year or so. It is going to get a procharger and be at 500rwhp or so.

_Snake_

Established Member
Loved everything about the foxbody Mustangs when they came out, but I was young and poor at the time. None of the newer models caught my attention until 2011, and I bought my first Mustang at age 40: a Procharged 2013 Boss 302. Needless to say I've been grinning ear to ear ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread