How safe is a vortech

CrawCobra97

Established Member
Hey guys so I'm pretty sure I'm going to do a vortech on my cobra, I really would like to intercool it but not sure if I will have enough for it, are they still safe non intercooled, at least for a little while until I can afford an intercooler setup? This is unless I can't come across a decent used kit across the forums

jwt390030

Established Member
I've had vortex 5.0s and 4.6s, intercooler and my last setup on my 95 was not. I will say if you are worried about expense don't do it. You need adequate fuel, supporting mods, and a great person to tune. I wouldn't try to do that with a slim budget. I am not trash talking so please don't take it as an insult. I would think of other things if that's the case.

cbrown9064

Established Member
I've had vortex 5.0s and 4.6s, intercooler and my last setup on my 95 was not. I will say if you are worried about expense don't do it. You need adequate fuel, supporting mods, and a great person to tune. I wouldn't try to do that with a slim budget. I am not trash talking so please don't take it as an insult. I would think of other things if that's the case.

This. Put some gears in (if not already) and enjoy. If you don't have a decent "play fund" and if this is your only transportation, do not do it.

CrawCobra97

Established Member
This isn't my only mode of transportation I have a 96 corrolla I daily to work and what not, I have about 6-7k of play funds I just am also trying to get it painted and some other things that's all, just seeing all possibilities

CrawCobra97

Established Member
So far my build goes as follows
V3 kit from Anderson, comes with head unit bracket pullies, belt internal 255 pump and external T. rex pump, then I will order 42# injectors, along with probably a mishimoto intercooler, and intercooling piping off eBay, tial 50mm bov, sct ba2600 maf or whatever it is, then, put like a 3.33 pulley on it and have a conservative tune at like 420

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
The safely is in how much boost you run and the quality of the tune. I would not mess around. Intercool it from the start. Wait and save more money if you need to.

Users who are viewing this thread