how to get 300 + rwhp in 04 mach 1

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Also watch ebay for a spacer. I've seen one popping up on there off and on. There's a thread on the M1R about spacers, different sizes, and their benefits. There was a guy over there making them but I don't think he makes them any longer. They also pop up on there for sale. Also if you run a spacer you have to modify your rear shaker bracket or raise the front of your shaker so it sits flat. I drilled new holes in the rear bracket to put it back to the stock location. I think I have a 3/8 inch spacer. (1/2 inch with the extra gasket). There's also a company who makes/made a composite spacer if I remember correctly. Maybe someone will chime in with the name. People liked them because they don't transfer heat I guess.

Last edited:

Mattstang04

Established Member
Did you see any worthwhile results with your spacer? and do you have any pictures with the spacer intalled? I'd like to see what it takes to make it work.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Did you see any worthwhile results with your spacer? and do you have any pictures with the spacer intalled? I'd like to see what it takes to make it work.
Never had my car on a dyno yet so I'm not sure of the results of the spacer. Waiting to do headers first. It felt like it had less "lag" under 4k but that's my butt dyno and it might lie sometimes. I got it for 60 bucks so I figured why not. Here's a pic of it. The bracket in the back that bolts to the top of the intake is the one that I modified. Can't really see it in the pic. I pretty much measured a half inch higher and drilled a new hole. I also had to cut some off the bottom of it. It's pretty straight forward once you have it off. Egr tube was a bit of a pain in the ass to get reconnected but it wasn't bad. 20150603_095148.jpg

BTW there's one for sale on M1R.
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=135369

Last edited:

rich1

Established Member
I got 300.01 rwhp with an auto using ....steeda underdrive, full Borla exhaust, PHP intake spacer, K& N cold air kit and Pro Dyno tune

Last edited:

MC.Mafia904

Established Member
Current Mods: Jlt Rai . Php intake spacer. Mac Longtubes ,lethal performance Mac catless Xpipe. Borla stingers. FR.4:10 gears. F.R Aluminum Driveshaft. And A Custom tune By Tuners.Inc

319 Hp at wheels
331 Tq at wheels

Last edited:

Mattstang04

Established Member
Them long tubes make a real difference. That's the only power mods I have and the car put down 312/ 326 on a hot humid day. After the dyno tune, of course.

MC.Mafia904

Established Member
Thanks M1 Bro's ....
Man i was Soooo pleased with the Outcome.And Totally stoked Over the Horsepower Gain ' No Raspy At all ,it now Have the True Muscle car Sound ' and The 4:10s Really Made a difference, Thank Ya'll for you Advice and Opinions
Once i Learn how to post Pics... Via Smart Phone I will Load them for y'all to see. ✌

Users who are viewing this thread