How to hook up MP3 player (or other aux device) to stock MACH 460 system.

Lvmustang

Established Member
I need more info from the people that has it working in there cars. Like what year of car. The model numbers the deck. Some photos of the back of the deck with the plug install?

PDubs

Established Member
From what I have read, the FRDN-AUX module only works on 03s, not the 04s. I got it working on mine without issue, and you only have to splice a couple wires (for power and ground). If you do a search, I'm sure someone has posted pics.

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
I recieved it today! I need help however. I need to know which wire is the 12V Constant wire (which I need to tap into for the convertor). And also where I should put the ground? Any help would be appreciated! I NEED HELP ASAP! Thanks!

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
I saw it said DJ CD. My problem is that it keeps trying to read CD and said Error couple times. Than it said initializing, and I took out all the CD's. No need for them anyways now :)

Krieger

Established Member
Just thought I would let all you 2004 Cobra/Mach460 CD-6 people know about the latest developments in Aux-input.
The FRD03-AUX/S converts the Satellite Radio Port of the satellite capable Ford/Lincoln/Mercury radio (with the 16 & 24 pin "phase II" style connectors) to auxiliary input. Devices such as XM Satellite Radio, VCR, MP3, Video Game Systems, and DVD can be added to the Ford OEM radio without FM modulation. DPX technology maintains full function of all factory built-in steering wheel and rear seat controls.

Satellite capable radios are identified by a "SAT" button.

www.logjamelectronics.com
P.I.E. FRD03-AUX/S FRD03AUXS: 69.95
2004-2005 Ford
Satellite-Ready Radio
Auxiliary Input Converter
(Shipped) Subtotal 69.95
Shipping 7.50
Tax 0.00
Total 77.45

We'll see how this works in my 2004 Cobra soon enough.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
Okay, I just read every single post and no one mentioned this. Has anyone hooked there laptop up to this? I know the volume control would work for it, but heres the dumb question. What about the next/prev function on the factory deck. Or does that have to be done on the laptop? Sorry for the dumb questions.

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
Krieger said:
Just thought I would let all you 2004 Cobra/Mach460 CD-6 people know about the latest developments in Aux-input.
The FRD03-AUX/S converts the Satellite Radio Port of the satellite capable Ford/Lincoln/Mercury radio (with the 16 & 24 pin "phase II" style connectors) to auxiliary input. Devices such as XM Satellite Radio, VCR, MP3, Video Game Systems, and DVD can be added to the Ford OEM radio without FM modulation. DPX technology maintains full function of all factory built-in steering wheel and rear seat controls.

Satellite capable radios are identified by a "SAT" button.

www.logjamelectronics.com
P.I.E. FRD03-AUX/S FRD03AUXS: 69.95
2004-2005 Ford
Satellite-Ready Radio
Auxiliary Input Converter
(Shipped) Subtotal 69.95
Shipping 7.50
Tax 0.00
Total 77.45

We'll see how this works in my 2004 Cobra soon enough.

So did it work? :shrug:

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
I ordered the same part from above, and it arrived yesterday. I'll try and get it in tonight and report. Looks like about a 20 minute ordeal.

Users who are viewing this thread