How to hook up MP3 player (or other aux device) to stock MACH 460 system.

overlake

Swedish SVT
Established Member
Krieger said:
Just thought I would let all you 2004 Cobra/Mach460 CD-6 people know about the latest developments in Aux-input.
The FRD03-AUX/S converts the Satellite Radio Port of the satellite capable Ford/Lincoln/Mercury radio (with the 16 & 24 pin "phase II" style connectors) to auxiliary input. Devices such as XM Satellite Radio, VCR, MP3, Video Game Systems, and DVD can be added to the Ford OEM radio without FM modulation. DPX technology maintains full function of all factory built-in steering wheel and rear seat controls.

Satellite capable radios are identified by a "SAT" button.

www.logjamelectronics.com
P.I.E. FRD03-AUX/S FRD03AUXS: 69.95
2004-2005 Ford
Satellite-Ready Radio
Auxiliary Input Converter
(Shipped) Subtotal 69.95
Shipping 7.50
Tax 0.00
Total 77.45

We'll see how this works in my 2004 Cobra soon enough.

"Foreign Orders:
It is our company policy not to accept credit cards with non-USA billing addresses or ship products outside the USA, including Canada and Puerto Rico. This is not a technical issue, nor a capabilities issue, as there are many reasons why we have this policy. We simply choose, as a company, NOT to sell or ship outside the USA."

Damn :(

03CobraJack

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
FRDN-AUX and use your own 1/8" stereo-->rca jacks pigtail.

Is there a version of the P.I.E FRDN-AUX that plugs into the bottom of the ipod?
My biggest concern is charging, not necessarily controling the ipod from the oem radio console.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
I think this is all you guys really need. You won't have the control from the factory head unit but I really don't care. I will have great sound quality, no fm modulator crap, I can keep my stock 04 COBRA head unit & I doesn't cost too much. :beer:

My question is, doesn't the back of our head units have an input that allows an axillary unit to be integrated. I know it's there for a XM radio or something but I have that at home... ? Let me know if this cable will work... ? :shrug:

http://www.neocaraudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=1086

Users who are viewing this thread