How to NOT pay an ADM on a 2013 GT500 (dealer mark up)

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Alot of you have PM'd me, and alot of people keep asking in other threads. So, I'll share with you the BEST way(s) to NOT pay over MSRP for the 2014 GT500.

If you follow the steps below, you should be able to get one, at a reasonable price, of course if you wait for a year or so, you will be able to avoid all the BS as well, but this is for those of you (like myself) who want this car yesterday.

1.) Call your largest Local dealer. Tell them you are interested in buying a 2014 GT500. That you are willing to pay MSRP, and that you will bring them a deposit. Remind them that there are still 200-300 2013 GT500s on lots and this will guarantee them, to not be in that same boat come next winter . If they say no, then move to number 2 below.

2.) Go to fordvehicles.com and search for dealers outside of your local market area. Find a small, rural dealer, with not much inventory stock of Mustangs, (read a dealer that carries alot of trucks). Tell them you want a 2014 GT500. Tell them, if they sell you the car at $1000 above whatever invoice is. You will also pay the $1000 fee to SVT for them, and remind them, they are making whatever thier holdback is (probably $1600ish on this car), Doc fee, plus $1000. A fair deal of "found money" for them. If that doesnt work, move to step 3

3.) Go to Google. Search for zip codes in Montana, North Dakota, Northern Michigan, Northern Wisconsin, Iowa, any of those Northern Most cold weather states. Plug those into fordvehicles.com to search for a dealer. Those dealers rarely sell mustangs. Chances are their lots will have mostly Trucks and SUV's on them. THIS IS A GOOD THING! Call them, and then go back to step 2 above. You will need to have a hefty deposit for one of these dealers, as they are taking a decent risk doing this for you.

4.) GET IT IN WRITING! The letter should be on Dealership letterhead signed by the owner or the GM. See below example

"Dear Johnny Mustang,
We agree to sell you our first 2014 Shelby Mustang GT500 from Joe Schmoe Ford here in East Bum****, USA. We agree to sell it to you for an agreed upon price of MSRP (or whatever). We agree to deliver this car to you between x/xx/2013 and x/xx/2013. This price does not include tax, documentation fees, or plates fees. We have received a deposit of $x,xxx on you, Mr Mustang's Behalf, this will solidify you to receive the FIRST 2014 Shelby GT500 that we receive. Thank you

-Slick Rick James
General Manager
Joe Schmoe Ford"

If you follow the above steps, and you don't mind travelling (hell half the fun is flying there with a buddy and driving it home!), then you should be able to get a good deal. There are over 3000 Ford dealerships across the country, pick up your phone and start calling.

Disclaimer: The above in no way guarantees that you will get a 2014 GT500, its a guideline on what my experience in the industry has shown. It should give you a damn good shot at it, however.

Good luck! :dancenana:

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I'm sure many here wish you were still a Ford dealer after that post!

lol if I was, I would do all i could for you all! But unfortunately, we did not make Ford's 2006/2007 cut before I was able to do anything about it!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Well if you are looking for investors to open up another Ford dealership I bet you could find many here on the forum. Thanks for the info!!!!:burnout:

I'll take that as a compliment!

As much as I/we miss the dealership, we are all much better off at this point, and I am really happy with what I am doing now.

Allows me to have one foot in the car business, without the hours and headaches.

Like I said, if anyone has a unique situation, I'm more than happy to answer questions. Most dealers are good people, just looking to make a good honest fair living. The ones that arent, give everyone else a bad name.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I say skip step one as I have never found a large(largest in the county) dealer that I like. The one that comes the closest would be Drew Ford in San Diego, but I am sure they are not the biggest down there. Largest local dealer here in sonoma county is still asking 20k over on the 12 as of Dec 2011.:nonono:

During step 2 after they have stated they are not an SVT dealer ask to speak with the owner. Most of the small dealers the owners will be onsite working a 40-60hr work week just like any other small business. He/She will have the pull to make the decision to bring in the 13 GT500 to their dealer. Remind them that this is their opportunity to make the sale and a couple thousand dollars on a car they were not going to inventory. Down payment and deal in writing are necessities! Good Luck and have FUN!

Chris I am assuming its best to make these calls now as the SVT Fee needs to be in by a certain date correct?

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
During step 2 after they have stated they are not an SVT dealer ask to speak with the owner. Most of the small dealers the owners will be onsite working a 40-60hr work week just like any other small business. He/She will have the pull to make the decision to bring in the 13 GT500 to their dealer. Remind them that this is their opportunity to make the sale and a couple thousand dollars on a car they were not going to inventory. Down payment and deal in writing are necessities! Good Luck and have FUN!

Chris I am assuming its best to make these calls now as the SVT Fee needs to be in by a certain date correct?

Definately true about step 2!

And yes, the dealers have til 3/11/12 to certify for the 2013 GT500, so if you are going step 2 or step 3, you need to make these calls this week.

xenodragon

Established Member
If you plan on calling one of the "northern cold states" dont call minnesota. They charge 20k ADM's. Even I have to venture out of state to avoid the ADMs

03Bite

Established Member
Alot of you have PM'd me, and alot of people keep asking in other threads. So, I'll share with you the BEST way(s) to NOT pay over MSRP for the 2013 GT500.

If you follow the steps below, you should be able to get one, at a reasonable price, of course if you wait for a year or so, you will be able to avoid all the BS as well, but this is for those of you (like myself) who want this car yesterday.

1.) Call your largest Local dealer. Tell them you are interested in buying a 2013 GT500. That you are willing to pay MSRP, and that you will bring them a deposit. Also inform them that you are aware of the fact that Jamal Hameedi, SVT chief has already stated that this car will be a mass production vehicle(not limited production) and that you would like to order said vehicle. If they say no, then move to number 2 below.

2.) Go to fordvehicles.com and search for dealers outside of your local market area. Find a small, rural dealer, with not much inventory stock of Mustangs, read a dealer that carries alot of trucks. Tell them you want a 2013 GT500. If they say they are not an SVT dealer. Tell them, if they sell you the car at $1000 above whatever invoice is. You will also pay the $1000 fee to SVT for them, and remind them, they are making whatever thier holdback is (probably $800-1200 on this car), Doc fee, plus $1000. A fair deal of "found money" for them. If that doesnt work, move to step 3

3.) Go to Google. Search for zip codes in Montana, North Dakota, Northern Michigan, Northern Wisconsin, Iowa, any of those Northern Most cold weather states. Plug those into fordvehicles.com to search for a dealer. Those dealers rarely sell mustangs. Chances are their lots will have mostly Trucks and SUV's on them. THIS IS A GOOD THING! Call them, and then go back to step 2 above. With one Caveat, offer to pay their $2000 svt fee, because chances are they won't be selling a 2014 either. You will need to have a hefty deposit for one of these dealers, as they are taking a decent risk doing this for you.

4.) GET IT IN WRITING! The letter should be on Dealership letterhead signed by the owner or the GM. See below example

"Dear Johnny Mustang,
We agree to sell you our first 2013 Shelby Mustang GT500 from Joe Schmoe Ford here in East Bum****, USA. We agree to sell it to you for an agreed upon price of MSRP (or whatever). We agree to deliver this car to you between x/xx/2012 and x/xx/2012. Once the order banks open, we will contact you to add your options, paint colors, etc. This price does not include tax, documentation fees, or plates fees. We have received a deposit of $x,xxx on you, Mr Mustang's Behalf, this will solidify you to receive the FIRST 2013 Shelby GT500 that we receive. Thank you

-Slick Rick James
General Manager
Joe Schmoe Ford"

If you follow the above steps, and you don't mind travelling (hell half the fun is flying there with a buddy and driving it home!), then you should be able to get a good deal. There are over 1500 Ford dealerships across the country, pick up your phone and start calling.

Disclaimer: The above in no way guarantees that you will get a 2013 GT500, its a guideline on what my experience in the industry has shown. It should give you a damn good shot at it, however.

Good luck! :dancenana:

I believe I remember seeing 1507.00 on the Dealer hold back on my 2012 shelby gt500. Also I do know of a Ford dealer in the U.P. of Michigan that would probably be willing to work a deal on a 2013 gt 500. It is Big Valley Ford in Ewen MI. I know the owner and he is a decent honest dealer. NO Hidden fees.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
I am hearing about ADM's...which is not only stupid but will make Ford showrooms into
Shelby " museums...after they get used to seeing the cars for 4 or more months...
" OOPS " just like the rash of dealers who are struggling to sell 2012 Boss units
which sat because of a ADM early on.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
When the 07 came out there was zero competition and lots of excitement over the Shelby/GT500 name on a Mustang again. Now we have ZL-1's, SS Camaros, 475 hp Challengers, 444 hp Boss and 420 hp Mustang GT. Plus, lots of the target audience have 2007-2012 GT500s they have already modded up. ADMs are not going to stick and I predict less than invoice pricing before long.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
When the 07 came out there was zero competition and lots of excitement over the Shelby/GT500 name on a Mustang again. Now we have ZL-1's, SS Camaros, 475 hp Challengers, 444 hp Boss and 420 hp Mustang GT. Plus, lots of the target audience have 2007-2012 GT500s they have already modded up. ADMs are not going to stick and I predict less than invoice pricing before long.

Less than invoice??? I don't see that.

Maybe less than msrp.

Users who are viewing this thread