How to ??

ESPN8

Established Member
I,m new to these Cars so the question is .
How do you change the oil in the Supercharger ?
My old Cobra had a Vortech SC which was fed oil from the Cars oil pan . Very simple . Not sure with this one though .
If its seperate , what oil do you use and where do you get it.

Leonard 95

Established Member
Ford makes a supercharger oil, its like peanut oil. If you don't have around 30000 miles on it I wouldn't worry about it. There should be a drain and fill hole on the blower, never really looked for it honestly.

6-Speed

Established Member
There is a plug at the front of the Supercharger that can be removed with an Allen wrench. Shop Manual guidance is that the Supercharger has a self-contained oiling system that does not require a fluid change for the life of the vehicle. However, check fluid level at 30,000 mile intervals when engine is cool and not running. With the car parked on a level surface the fluid level should be at the bottom of the fill plug threads.

Synthetic Supercharger Fluid: Motorcraft XL-4 or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESE-M99C115-A.

Last edited:

ESPN8

Established Member
Ford makes a supercharger oil, its like peanut oil. If you don't have around 30000 miles on it I wouldn't worry about it. There should be a drain and fill hole on the blower, never really looked for it honestly.
Wow . 30000 miles before changing the oil !! Thats remarkable considering its in such a harsh envioroment . Guess it must go with the new regime for changing Engine oil as well . 8000 to 12000 miles now were as it used to be 3000 to 5000 . Progress is good.

Users who are viewing this thread