• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Hower much power?

Discussion in 'SN-95 and New Edge Mustangs' started by TIAMAT, May 23, 2002.

1. TIAMAT

TIAMAT New Member Established Member

Why has Ford not yet made the Mach 1's horsepower figures public? Also, on the ram air system what keeps water out of the scoop when your driving?

2. Blue03Cobra

Blue03Cobra The Family Dinner Improv Established Member

The shaker scoop is attached to the stock GT airbox (which is also fed by the silencer in the fenderwell...). Water entering the scoop will travel down the "U" shaped tubing to the airbox. I would hope the new airbox has a water release outlet on the bottom...

:read:

3. SPDFRK

SPDFRK New Member Established Member

From what I have read and seen the bottom of the scoop were it seals on the hood has drain holes on the bottom of it. If you look close in the pictures of the scoop you will see a couple of little holes with tubes that run down for water drain! But that is pre-production models so of course things could change!:idea:

4. TIAMAT

TIAMAT New Member Established Member

Ford has released HP specs on the marauder at 302 hp. Does the Mach 1 mirror that application? I forget what the trq. specs were. I heard they are using truck cams in the Mach. I hope they didn't screw up the screaming revs or the drivability of the motor. I never had a cobra but i was always in envy of the sound of the motor when it's up on the cam. The motor is what's appealing to me. I hope they ran the tuning gremlins out of town. :shrug:

5. GR8WHITE

GR8WHITE The BIG FISH Established Member

12.9's on slicks in otherwise totaly stock trim should answer any questions huh? ;-)