Hub centric rings for wheel install?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Hey guys, looking at purchasing a new set of wheels here shortly. I noticed that the center bore for the hub on some wheels is 73.1mm. There are adapter rings available to shim the bore to the Mustang 70.3mm hub. All along I just assumed that as long as the center bore was larger than the hub it was fine. I feel like it’d be cheap insurance, but I noticed a lot of wheels have a larger bore like this (even mustang specific replicas). Is it common for people to run these hub centric rings for this, or do most of you skip it?

SlowSVT

Established Member
Any know the whereabouts of this car the owner sold it for a stock 03 convertible? :dw:

Nicks01Cobra.gif

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
I'm not sure I follow. How does this pertain to my question?
If you want to know about previous cars feel free to pm :beer:

Last edited:

Bigggy

Established Member
Logically running shim will help center the wheel. All summer long my new wheels and tires where shaking the steering wheel etc. Last week of the summer I've decided to remove the centering ring I had and boom a lot less shake...Honestly I don't understand and yes they are the right size.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Wow, definitely interesting there. I think I'm gonna go ahead and just get them with the wheel install kit, if they seem to somehow cause issues I'll just remove them like you said. Thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread