HUGE Thanks to Revolution Automotive! Paxton GT/Tq Booster/93 and E85

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Revolution Automotive *Updated*

I have 13 GT 6 Speed with a base Paxton kit and AED remote tune. The car was doing 11.4's at 122-124 on a 275 drag radial at the time. Talked to Terry at Beefcake and picked up a torque booster with the 3.33 pulley and green belt. Shauns AED tune was perfect, but the roads near me suck for data logging and Dyno time alone is pretty expensive. I also wanted a shop to look over the car since I've never taken it to anyone besides my own place. My brother and I drove about 3 hours there and waited on the car. Adam explained everything, kept me updated, gave me advice on my setup and the limitations. I went with a 93 and an E85 tune and drove home on E85 :eek:. There was a ton of traffic so I only got 1 or 2 pulls in, but the car felt completely different. Not in how fast it was, but in how smooth the on/off throttle and gear changes felt. It was also ripping 2nd gear on my brand new Nittos like it never had before. I switched back over to 93 and on my next day off hit up the track. First pass the car did a 129!! I looked at the log and it was as clean as it gets. I was so happy that I only did 1 more run and called it a day. With better shifting and launch the car has an easy 130 in it on pump. Car is a beast now and it's actually exciting to drive. I can't wait to get an E85 run in probably this weekend.

L

Update: So after getting the car tuned I had some minor issues and questions about a few things. Called the shop numerous times, emailed numerous times. Adam was never available "busy" or tuning. The guys at the shop that picked up the phone tried answering my questions, but honestly if I paid over 700.00 I want to talk to the tuner. Emails took months for a reply so overall I cannot recommend them given their poor customer service no matter how good the product.

Last edited:

RusWolf

Established Member
Congrats!

I am also planning on getting retuned and pretty much having the same set up.

You got E85 tune. Did you did bring the E from NJ or was it local E from MD?
How much was the cost of both tunes? (you can PM me if you want)
I am trying to get retuned by wicked in toms river, but i called real speed on LI yesterday and spoke with Matt about few things, he was super nice, took a lot of time to talk to me etc.. etc..
If i will need to install some parts in the future that i can't do myself i will defintely check on real speed solely on how nice Matt was on the phone.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
They had the E85 there at the shop I just paid for the amount they used. PS the only station we have are E. Orange and Newark airport. I tested Newark airport and it tested right at E85

Last edited:

RusWolf

Established Member
You should go test that neward E again.
I tested one by house and it's at E75.. I will get tuned for it and i was thinking about filling up full tank and bringing additional 15 gallons with me just in case. (don't know how many MPG's will get so better bring too much than too little) but if newark is still at E85 i will fill the gas cans on the way.

P.S. I'm talking about Oct 19 event.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Yea I'll be filling up there for the event so I'll test it before hand probably fill it up like a day or two before since I dont' like it sitting in the tank. Also going to bring about 10-15 gal extra with me.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
20 min or so unfortunately I have work but I will let you know if I end up going. Last time I tested it was about 3 weeks ago and it tested 85

Users who are viewing this thread