hunting 7' gator with a knife

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
***this is a hunting video

***if you don't like hunting stuff, don't watch the video

a few months back i accompanied a buddy of mine on a gator hunt. it was a great time with good friends and the worlds best gator guide, Joe!

(not seen in the video: 7' gator was on a hook under his tail for about 3 minutes before video rolls. the actual kill was immediate and clean, didn't show it because tree hugging anti-hunters)

[youtube_browser]ZyFmchDFsZI&list[/youtube_browser]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyFmchDFsZI&list=UUOpCI6xGaBPXapdowkO0swA

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Im sure it was fun. No offense meant but on the manliness scale, pretty weak IMO. If he wanted to be badass, he should have hunted that young gator with his bare hands.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I'll send you my address, as I'll take any extra tail and ribs you guys don't want, cheeks too.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Im sure it was fun. No offense meant but on the manliness scale, pretty weak IMO. If he wanted to be badass, he should have hunted that young gator with his bare hands.

no offense taken.

that dude had not only never seen a gator in person before but he's only been into "hunting" for about two years. for guys that have never been near alligators before a 7' specimen isn't exactly little. i'm proud of the dude for waking up one day, deciding life needs more adventure and going out to do something about it.

i go along for the adventure of it all (and as the safety guy to "fix" anything that goes wrong). it's as much about the journey the three of us take as it is about the hunt. a much larger gator is on the "to do" list, it'll have to wait until after the Africa trip though.

#694, i can assure you, there will be no left over bits to be sent out. you'd be welcome to a meal with us if you're ever up this way! the freezer is stocked with bear, gator, deer, hog and maybe a few squirrels. i'm looking to add more tuna and mackeral to the freezer in the spring.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
no offense taken.

that dude had not only never seen a gator in person before but he's only been into "hunting" for about two years. for guys that have never been near alligators before a 7' specimen isn't exactly little. i'm proud of the dude for waking up one day, deciding life needs more adventure and going out to do something about it.

i go along for the adventure of it all (and as the safety guy to "fix" anything that goes wrong). it's as much about the journey the three of us take as it is about the hunt. a much larger gator is on the "to do" list.

Good point man. I digress. :)

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
I'm by no means a tree hugging anti-hunter but, what's the point in hunting a gator so small? I'm sure it was bigger in person but that gator looks tiny in the video, doesn't look like a 7 footer to me. Area doesn't look like the wild to me either, more like someone's yard LOL

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Always wanted to go for a Gator Hunt. I've been told a million stories. Sounds like a real predator vs predator type hunt, if you're not just using a shotgun or a rifle that is. It would be a ton fun.

Users who are viewing this thread