Hunting Hitler TV Show on History Channel

SirShaun

Established Member
Synopsis: "Armed with 700 pages of recently declassified FBI documents, twenty-one year CIA veteran Bob Baer and war crimes investigator Dr. John Cencich begin a worldwide investigation into what happened to Adolf Hitler at the end of WWII."

I think the show is awesome. I ended up binge watching quite a few episodes to catch up. New episode comes on tonight. Anyone else watching? Whats your opinions and thoughts on the biggest cover up of the 20th century?

I'm pretty sure he lived out his days banging south American hookers.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing about Hitler leads me to believe he stayed put in the fuhrer bunker as the battle for Berlin unfolded. He might have been crazy but not dumb.

o2gt

Established Member
I love the show it's very interesting. I have read a couple books on the issue so it's nice to see a tv show as well done as this on the topic.

SirShaun

Established Member
I never knew the Germans had such a foot hold in South America and Spain. Would have been crazy they launched an attack from South America.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
I have really enjoyed this show, as Im a big WW2 history fan. I have a hard time believing that he built that empire and caused so much destruction, that he killed himself. Hitler had to have a way out even before Berlin was approached by the Allied Forces. I hope it keeps going.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Germany used the Spanish civil war in '37 as a testing ground and leased production of lightened (sans-armor) variants of the aircraft to the side they supported. With the Spanish built Heinkel 111 (CASA 2.111A) the production of aircraft ended up half baked since halfway through the production they ran out of engines from Junkers. The CAF had a "Heinkel 111" that was actually a CASA 2.111D (which was post war and had Rolls-Royce Merlins instead of the Junkers Jumo's).
As for Hitler, did they address his ailments? If you read the personal diary of the Theodor Morell (Hitler's personal physician who was a character in his own, and who had no idea what personal hygiene was) the Fuhrer was not in good shape. Even before Morell showed up in the late 30's and started giving or injecting everything from amphetamines and cocaine to even strychnine into Hitler, he had a host of stomach problems and was a devout vegetarian since the early 30's. Morell bailed from the Fuhrer bunker a day or so before Hitler committed suicide (per what is accepted now) escaping the soviets. If I go a morning without caffeine I'm in bad shape, imagine a guy who had cocaine in his eyedrops going cold turkey.

No confirmed body, no suicide.

Not the first time we've been lied to in history books.

And I'm not the least bit inclined to believe that an ambitious man like Hitler, who was so calculated, didn't have a contingency plan or several contingency plans in place. It just doesn't make sense. And the Nazis had far more advanced technology than most have been led to believe.

MFE

Established Member
I don't believe any megalomaniac attention whore / performer, whether it's Hitler, Morrison or Presley, could stand to just drop out of the public eye like they're rumored to have done. No way in hell. Dead.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
No confirmed body, no suicide.

Not the first time we've been lied to in history books.

And I'm not the least bit inclined to believe that an ambitious man like Hitler, who was so calculated, didn't have a contingency plan or several contingency plans in place. It just doesn't make sense. And the Nazis had far more advanced technology than most have been led to believe.

Just because the government says it is so doesn't mean it is so. People have been made into fools by believing this government.

Even Stalin didn't believe it was Hitler's body when the Reds found a half burned corpse.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Just because the government says it is so doesn't mean it is so. People have been made into fools by believing this government.

Even Stalin didn't believe it was Hitler's body when the Reds found a half burned corpse.

Stalin was, if anything, a bigger whack job than Hitler. So his misgivings don't have a lot of credibility in my eyes.

I believe Hitler committed suicide. He loved Germany, and thought he was right with God and doing what was best for Germany. To see everything you authorized leading to the absolute ruin of what you most loved was more than he could take. I think that's where a lot of people go wrong in assessing Hitler's motives. He was evil, but he was also dedicated to Germany, a cause in which he truly believed. Stalin, for contrast, was a evil, delusional, paranoid obsessive sociopath who only cared about one thing: Stalin. Too bad that everything Hitler believed was, in fact, completely wrong for Germany, and led to it being utterly destroyed and split in two for seventy-odd years, and nearly wiped off the face of the Earth. Truer words were never written: It is important for people to choose their leaders wisely.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The hate Stalin and his countrymen had for the Nazi's was personal. If your country just defeated your arch enemy and his corpse was found, you'd parade that around like you were the **** of the walk rather than taking your time and, in my opinion, acting with hesitation. History shows how Stalin remained skeptical of this death and rightfully so. Besides personal feelings, facts and actions, again in my opinion, don't seem to add up with the end result being Hitler killing himself by poison and bullet.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
But when they pulled out that hand held GPS and used it in that tunnel though... Now that was realistic. The show lost me right there.

I'm with you.

America has an official intelligence program called 'PaperClip.'

I imagine you know it. The US and Russia agreed which Nazi scientists to split up among themselves for their own gains.

They gave them new identities and of course 'in-sourced' the intel from these Nazi scientists.

The guys that weren't worth crap faced the Nuremberg trials.

Stalin was, if anything, a bigger whack job than Hitler. So his misgivings don't have a lot of credibility in my eyes.

I believe Hitler committed suicide. He loved Germany, and thought he was right with God and doing what was best for Germany. To see everything you authorized leading to the absolute ruin of what you most loved was more than he could take. I think that's where a lot of people go wrong in assessing Hitler's motives. He was evil, but he was also dedicated to Germany, a cause in which he truly believed. Stalin, for contrast, was a evil, delusional, paranoid obsessive sociopath who only cared about one thing: Stalin. Too bad that everything Hitler believed was, in fact, completely wrong for Germany, and led to it being utterly destroyed and split in two for seventy-odd years, and nearly wiped off the face of the Earth. Truer words were never written: It is important for people to choose their leaders wisely.

The body must have de-materialized or spontaneously combusted James.

I mean you would think, you would think when the 'Allies' took down Nazi Germany they would have paraded around one of the greatest villains in human history...enough to the point where so much black and white footage would be available of the man. LOL

You can't possibly fall for this.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I dont really doubt that he offed himself. Hitler wasnt mentally stable towards the end. Like James, imagine you witnessed your lifes greatest achievement; bringing Germany out of dark days of oppression that the rest of the world imposed on germany after WWII and giving it new light and new purpose, then growing it to a world power and trying to take over countries, building immense industrial might and then watching it all crumble before you. This was the end, there was no going back to a better time. You tried and you failed and all that is resting on your shoulders. If they capture you, the punishments far exceed that of suicide.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
So on one hand he was crazy yet on the other hand he would have acted "rationally" and killed himself so as not to see the country he loved fall into enemy hands?

He would have been paraded around like his pal Benito and Stalin would have shit down his throat for all to see.

Speaking about Paperclip and how the Allies took pity on the Nazi's they found useful, there were quite a few fanatics who also tried to flee Germany. Some successful and some not. Ole Josef spent his days well away from the Allies and a divided Germany. How about Eichmann?

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I never knew the Germans had such a foot hold in South America and Spain. Would have been crazy they launched an attack from South America.

Argentina in particular. Interesting how Argentina today is also one of the South American countries that doesn't extradite to the US. And Nazi war criminals had fled there after the war.

Another interesting tid bit, after WWII the Jews were looking for a permanent home as we all know. Israel was the #1 choice, but guess what was a close #2? Argentina.

4a7191a

Established Member
My ex's grandfather was a paper clip guy. He never discussed what he did. Worked for some aviation company in dallas area and owned two airplanes at the time of his passing.
He was a weird guy for sure but always quite.
Wish he would of told someone in his family what all he did but even his wife didn't know.
He did say to my ex's mother when we as in America landed on the moon that I quote... " he finally did it"

Users who are viewing this thread