Hurricanes Suck Ass

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
OK. most of you know I've lived in this part of Florida for over half of my life. You also might know the crap I just went through with a 18 day stay in the hospital with pneumonia ( I can post pictures info of that nightmare if you want). Today, I wanted the venture out to grab some lunch and a few beers with my wife, so we did. I'm so sick of seeing blue tarps on roofs, crap piled up on the side of the road to the point you almost don't know were you are and street signs just laying over. This is my 5th hurricane, but it gets old looking at the damage 150 MPH winds can do. It'll be like this for a while before it gets better. Shitty part, I have some damage to my house, but not terrible. I have electric roll downs, new roof, and accordion shutters that saved our ass. Try getting a call back to get crap fixed, lol. These are guys I know personally too.
TRDR. I was in the hospital 18 days with pneumonia, 13 of those in ICU, and almost died twice they said. Today was the first day I ventured out. Will I leave? Nope

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I can only imagine… people up here are bitching the debris piles haven’t been picked up and they aren’t even that big

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I hear Florida is full. It's a place where old people go to die. To many Canadians and grumpy New Yorkers too. If the heat doesn't kill you the hurricanes will try, or the alligators. I dislike sand also, that shit gets everywhere, and the sun will bake your belongings into the abyss. It does have a good Governor though! Don't turn soft Brad.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I hear Florida is full. It's a place where old people go to die. To many Canadians and grumpy New Yorkers too. If the heat doesn't kill you the hurricanes will try, or the alligators. I dislike sand also, that shit gets everywhere, and the sun will bake your belongings into the abyss. It does have a good Governor though! Don't turn soft Brad.
Oh, I won't. I refuse to look at the next door app to see all the winers. I'd go off major and get banned again. lol. I'm supposed to drop all the stress in my life per my heart doctor.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I got deployed to Homestead AFB almost a year after the hurricane struck, and they were still picking up garbage piled in the streets. The huge tree grinder they had setup was still doing its thing and a mountain of garbage called trash mountain was a thing.

Good luck to you in your recovery and getting the house squared away.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Geez boss I didn't even know you were sick. I'm happy you pulled through ok. As for hurricanes, you can't do anything about things you can't do anything about. It could be worse, you could live in NJ. Get better bud.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
You know how to eat the repair elephant... one bite at a time.

As long as additional damage to your belongs/property isn't occurring while you're standing in line, don't sweat it. It'll get fixed and I bet your insurance company will take good care of it.

In the meantime, Fireball is your friend.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I moved to Houston back in the early 90's. Within weeks, a hurricane was predicted. Plywood started going up. I had no idea what was going on, I'm a PNW boy. Fortunately it never hit Houston and I moved out of that oven a few years later.

Hurricanes suck.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
My mother's husband was down with the pneumonia recently but he had the procedure to drain the lungs via needle through the back into the lungs. That must have been fun.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My mother's husband was down with the pneumonia recently but he had the procedure to drain the lungs via needle through the back into the lungs. That must have been fun.
I had mine flushed twice, can't remember what it was called though. Maybe a bronc something to remove the crap plugging my lungs. All I remember was getting wheeled down to the surgery area in the bed and them putting a mask over my face.

_Snake_

Established Member
Oh, I won't. I refuse to look at the next door app to see all the winers. I'd go off major and get banned again. lol. I'm supposed to drop all the stress in my life per my heart doctor.
First of all I’m glad you’re doing better. I went through something similar in 2017 right before Erma hit and didn’t have the damage you did in your area.

I felt compelled to reply because I was permabanned from nextdoor. They ARE a bunch of winers.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
First of all I’m glad you’re doing better. I went through something similar in 2017 right before Erma hit and didn’t have the damage you did in your area.

I felt compelled to reply because I was permabanned from nextdoor. They ARE a bunch of winers.
Thanks, and my wife won't let me go on there. I just tell it like it is, and it must hurt feelings. lol I'd get the, community standards deal and couldn't post for a month. So many idiots who just moved here. My favorite a while back, some Karen who just moved here from Jersey thought they should put traffic lights on every cross street coming off the main drag coming out of the neighborhood. That's like 30 streets from my house to a main road. My comment resulted in a timeout, lol.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Thanks, and my wife won't let me go on there. I just tell it like it is, and it must hurt feelings. lol I'd get the, community standards deal and couldn't post for a month. So many idiots who just moved here. My favorite a while back, some Karen who just moved here from Jersey thought they should put traffic lights on every cross street coming off the main drag coming out of the neighborhood. That's like 30 streets from my house to a main road. My comment resulted in a timeout, lol.
Damn at rate of travel we'll see you next Tuesday.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
OK. most of you know I've lived in this part of Florida for over half of my life. You also might know the crap I just went through with a 18 day stay in the hospital with pneumonia ( I can post pictures info of that nightmare if you want). Today, I wanted the venture out to grab some lunch and a few beers with my wife, so we did. I'm so sick of seeing blue tarps on roofs, crap piled up on the side of the road to the point you almost don't know were you are and street signs just laying over. This is my 5th hurricane, but it gets old looking at the damage 150 MPH winds can do. It'll be like this for a while before it gets better. Shitty part, I have some damage to my house, but not terrible. I have electric roll downs, new roof, and accordion shutters that saved our ass. Try getting a call back to get crap fixed, lol. These are guys I know personally too.
TRDR. I was in the hospital 18 days with pneumonia, 13 of those in ICU, and almost died twice they said. Today was the first day I ventured out. Will I leave? Nope
It snowed here This week.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It snowed here This week.
Did you build a snowman?
It was 74*F here in Maine today.
I have never wanted to go to Florida, nor will I ever go there.
I have zero tolerance for yearly disasters.
Good, we don't want you and don't need your money. Enjoy your single digits soon. Also, these storms don't hit us yearly. The last one was 18 years ago.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did you build a snowman?

Good, we don't want you and don't need your money. Enjoy your single digits soon. Also, these storms don't hit us yearly. The last one was 18 years ago.
It's all good. I don't want to go to California or Texas either.
6-10 days a year of single digits is nothing. I would rather have that than the humidity.

Users who are viewing this thread