Hybrid Mustang, F-150, and Transit is coming

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I like the idea of a hybrid F150 and Mustang. The F150 being able to run a job site is ingenious and I'm wondering if the hybrid Mustang will be paired with only the EB 4 cylinder and any lower end engines they may add in that time to extend it's range and give it a performance boost. The hybrid powertrain mated to the 5.0 will be crazy in performance if they do that as well.

Last edited:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I hope the hybrid powertrain is an option for the V8s. I'm imagining a Coyote motor that comes with the GT350 (or similar) manifold from the get-go and revs to 7500+ RPM but has huge low-end torque from the electric motors. Nice fat powerband. That + 10-speed auto = big acceleration. Or just lots of tire smoke.

But they should still leave a regular V8 manual option too...

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I am curious how the hybrid F150 option will pan out since GM tried this and it flopped.

I also absolutely do not expect a hybrid coyote v8 mustang, everyone thinks this is going to be some poor mans 918. AWD, tesla like 0-60's, combined HP of a small moon. Its most likely going to be the 2.3 (or god forbid something smaller like the 1.6) with a baby electric motor for tooling around town at 40mph and under.

I guess I should be glad I bought my car when I did, shit is getting weird.

Blackoyote

Established Member
I know it's wishful thinking...but imagine, the 2020 GT500 having a smaller displacement TTV8 to power the back wheels, with electric motors at each front wheel for 'fuel saving' and instant torque. All this backed with a DCT or option manual 7 speed. GTR slayer.

BigPoppa

Wut?
Established Member
I'm willing to bet the hybrid Mustang will be mostly hype and end up being a mid-level trim package for those who want a Mustang, but would rather have fuel economy over raw performance. No, it won't be a Tesla or 918. More like hybrid Fusion version of a Mustang.

As much as I would LOVE the performance that a hybrid V8 would provide in a Mustang, the cost is really prohibitive for Ford in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread