Hyundai Tucson owners

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Interested in this as well. Thinking of picking one up for my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Had one as a loaner when my 2.0T engine was replaced under warranty. The awd was surprisingly good and besides sub 200hp it was a decent vehicle.

blownstang4.6

Established Member
My fiance has an 2018 1.8T Value package. The AWD is great in the winter. Much better than her parents Lexus RX SUV. The ride is smooth. It's got good pick up in Sport mode. In normal driving mode it's like any basic car. There is a bit of delay/hesitation from when you put your foot on the gas to when it starts accelerating. Just something to get used to. My 2017 Sonata 2.0T Limited doesn't have this delayed response. The other car we looked at before the Tucson was the Mazda CX5. The engine was louder and we didn't like the touchscreen that extends from the top of the dash.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My wife has a 2016 Tucson. It's been great, BUT....hers has a dual-clutch transmission. It's beyond horrible. They shit canned it for the 2017 MY. So stick with 2017 and newer. Her lease is up in 3 months and next week we're going to test drive a 2019 Tucson, which has a much better transmission. She's also going to test drive a Hyundai Kona. Lastly, I want her to drive a Kia Sorrento. Comparable to the Tucson but nicer looking.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Big rebates and zero percent interest on the 2019 Ford Escape, since the 2020 is all new.

Might want to check one out with the 2.0 turbo eco boost

jmsa540

Established Member
My wife has a 2016 Tucson. It's been great, BUT....hers has a dual-clutch transmission. It's beyond horrible. They shit canned it for the 2017 MY. So stick with 2017 and newer. Her lease is up in 3 months and next week we're going to test drive a 2019 Tucson, which has a much better transmission. She's also going to test drive a Hyundai Kona. Lastly, I want her to drive a Kia Sorrento. Comparable to the Tucson but nicer looking.
Do you mean 2016 and newer?

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My oldest has a Sorrento Bob and he loves it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Brad. I definitely want my wife to drive one. I think she might love it.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Why limit yourself?

Why not?

Just the way I was raised.
My father worked for Ford for over 30 years.
Growing up at home, my friends were not even allowed to park in the driveway if they didn't have a Ford. Lol my father was strict.
Anyway, it's just my own preference. I'd rather be caught dead than driving around in a Japanese/Korean etc car. That's just me though.

08mojo

Established Member
Why not?

Just the way I was raised.
My father worked for Ford for over 30 years.
Growing up at home, my friends were not even allowed to park in the driveway if they didn't have a Ford. Lol my father was strict.
Anyway, it's just my own preference. I'd rather be caught dead than driving around in a Japanese/Korean etc car. That's just me though.

I'll just leave this here Here are the top 10 most American-made vehicles: Jeep, Ford, Honda top Cars.com list

The index measures "which cars are manufactured in America, have the most American parts and support the most American factory jobs," Cars.com said.

That includes an assessment of the percentage of parts in each vehicle that are made in the U.S., the origin of the engines and transmissions and the location where each vehicle is assembled.

Here is the 2018 list (and where each vehicle is assembled):

1. Jeep Cherokee (Belvidere, Ill.)

2. Honda Odyssey (Lincoln, Ala.)

3. Honda Ridgeline (Lincoln, Ala.)

4. Ford Taurus (Chicago)

5. Chevrolet Volt (Detroit)

6. Honda Pilot (Lincoln, Ala.)

7. Acura MDX (East Liberty, Ohio)

8. Ford Explorer (Chicago)

9. Ford F-150 (Claycomo, Mo., and Dearborn, Mich.)

10. Chevrolet Corvette (Bowling Green, Ky.)

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'll just leave this here Here are the top 10 most American-made vehicles: Jeep, Ford, Honda top Cars.com list

The index measures "which cars are manufactured in America, have the most American parts and support the most American factory jobs," Cars.com said.

That includes an assessment of the percentage of parts in each vehicle that are made in the U.S., the origin of the engines and transmissions and the location where each vehicle is assembled.

Here is the 2018 list (and where each vehicle is assembled):

1. Jeep Cherokee (Belvidere, Ill.)

2. Honda Odyssey (Lincoln, Ala.)

3. Honda Ridgeline (Lincoln, Ala.)

4. Ford Taurus (Chicago)

5. Chevrolet Volt (Detroit)

6. Honda Pilot (Lincoln, Ala.)

7. Acura MDX (East Liberty, Ohio)

8. Ford Explorer (Chicago)

9. Ford F-150 (Claycomo, Mo., and Dearborn, Mich.)

10. Chevrolet Corvette (Bowling Green, Ky.)

3 Fords in the top 10 sounds great.

Regardless, stats wouldn't influence my decision.

Stanger00

Established Member

The Sorento is comparable to Hyundai Santa Fe. The Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tucson are comparable.

I have a 2018 Sorento with v6 and I like it. The 19 MY has a 8 speed auto with same rated v6. I think the vehicle is too large for turbo 4 cylinder.

If you go with Kia I’d go SX trim or SX limited if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Sorento is comparable to Hyundai Santa Fe. The Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tucson are comparable.

I have a 2018 Sorento with v6 and I like it. The 19 MY has a 8 speed auto with same rated v6. I think the vehicle is too large for turbo 4 cylinder.

If you go with Kia I’d go SX trim or SX limited if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! She’s going to start test driving on Friday. Kia is a definite look.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread