I Я MaHKaNicK!

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Getting ready to make some POWA!

Image1679428794.398723.jpg

Jamie R.

Established Member
Nice ! I see you got the vmp lid vs the lmt billet. Both are great and I do like how the vmp looks closer to stock. I can say after having both of our gt500’s modded now and for a couple months, one oddity we’ve noticed is for all the “whipple runs cooler “ talk, we’ve not seen it. My sons car has a whipple and we put a ported stocker on mine with the lmt lid/vmp brick and the ported combo runs cooler mct’s in everyday driving. Now at the track the whipple might run cooler we haven’t had both there at the same time so we’re not sure yet on that but in day to day the ported stock combo runs cooler mct’s for us.

Jamie R.
20’ cftp gt500

Tezz500

Established Member
Nice ! I see you got the vmp lid vs the lmt billet. Both are great and I do like how the vmp looks closer to stock. I can say after having both of our gt500’s modded now and for a couple months, one oddity we’ve noticed is for all the “whipple runs cooler “ talk, we’ve not seen it. My sons car has a whipple and we put a ported stocker on mine with the lmt lid/vmp brick and the ported combo runs cooler mct’s in everyday driving. Now at the track the whipple might run cooler we haven’t had both there at the same time so we’re not sure yet on that but in day to day the ported stock combo runs cooler mct’s for us.

Jamie R.
20’ cftp gt500

LMT/PBD just priced themselves out. I don’t see the value in it and I’ve always had good experiences with VMP products.

Tezz500

Established Member
Can you post a measurement on the thickness of the intercooler core? How much trouble was it to remove the plaques?

Not to bad. I just used some pallet wrap to remove them. VMP has a video on YouTube how to do it.

And yes I’ll take some measurements when I get in the garage later.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The little box of extra parts always makes me feel like I did it more efficiently than Ford because I used less stuff.
This hits me too hard.

After we rebuilt the trans in my car, I was like "wait, how many clips did we order?"

"uhh.. 2"

"Hmm.. we have 3 left over. That doesn't seem right."

Tezz500

Established Member
My bro just did the 2.65 grip tech pulley, id1300s and E85 tune and the car went from 10.9s to consistent 10.0s on 555R2s

Enjoy!

Current Mod list as of right now:

Shiftek O/R midpipes
Hpipe Resonator Delete
VMP Apex Predator Lid
VMP Apex Street core
VMP high flow water manifold
2.6 Griptech upper
ID1300s
JLT intake
KONG 108mm TB.
Toyo 888Rs
170oF Thermostat

A slight issue I’m having is that… I’m in Colorado.

Tuner here is telling me I don’t need the injectors. Which is probably accurate since it’s like a 21% power drop versus sea level. Not as much air, don’t need as much fuel…

No clue where it’ll be. But I enjoy the tinkering and making things go faster.

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Current Mod list as of right now:

Shiftek O/R midpipes
Hpipe Resonator Delete
VMP Apex Predator Lid
VMP Apex Street core
2.65 Griptech upper
ID1300s
JLT intake
KONG 108mm TB.
Toyo 888Rs

A slight issue I’m having is that… I’m in Colorado.

Tuner here is telling me I don’t need the injectors. Which is probably accurate since it’s like a 21% power drop versus sea level. Not as much air, don’t need as much fuel…

No clue where it’ll be. But I enjoy the tinkering and making things go faster.
Who's your tuner?

Users who are viewing this thread