I am in serious need of a real tune, but I was still impressed

allmotorTA

Established Member
Finally made it out to us41 again:

60' 1.73
1/8 7.637 @ 94.75
1/4 11.82 @ 117.86

This was on et streets. The track was dead hooking, absolutely no sign of spin or wheel hop. My mods are in my sig. The bad thing is, it detonates the whole way down the track. I think the cool air leaned it out too much :bash: Time for a rwtd tune :beer: I still have the regular predator pulley tune...

Probably even more impressive was my buddies car. He has an 03 vert and went 12.33 @ 111 on a 1.80 60'. His only mods are 275 Nittos and a 2.80 pulley. Still has the stock tune as well (which isn't safe, he was detonating the whole way down as well).
Welp, that's my track story for Sunday :burnout:

Edit: I forgot to ask, what would be sort of a quick fix for the detonation? Should I add fuel or pull timing with the Predator? I'm running TR6's gapped at 38. I'm definitely getting a rwtd tune, but not for at least a week.

Last edited:

EatonMe

I can't believe you guys were making passes if the cars were detonating the whole way down the track. I wouldn't even drive my car hard if there were any signs of detonation.

Either way, good times. Now get those things tuned!

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by Joshua
I can't believe you guys were making passes if the cars were detonating the whole way down the track. I wouldn't even drive my car hard if there were any signs of detonation.
yep...that is just asking for trouble. Your friend is destroying his motor by running a 2.8 w/ no tune.

allmotorTA

Established Member
We knew the risks involved guys, don't worry about it.
Just for now, should I pull some timing and/or add fuel with the predator?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is one of those threads where I just shake my head to see if I'm awake. :-(

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
How does racegas react in a case like this? I've read were some people lost some MPH on a nearly stock car with some racegas, but atleast you wouldn't be detonating :(

Users who are viewing this thread