I bought myself a NEW Toy!!!

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
I bought a Yamaha YFZ 450... Man this thing is a crap ton of fun!!! :rockon::rockon:

Anybody know what the first mods I should do to is? I did buy a set of nerf bars, my told me I should buy them. This is my first Quad ever... So what exhaust sounds the best? What else should I look at getting?

Here is a couple of pic's.....

dsc0001j.jpg

dsc0002tnc.jpg

dsc0009d.jpg

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
i've had ATVs all my life, well except for the present time, i sold my 2007 Yamaha Wolverine last year. That thing looks sweet, congrats

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
If you have a modded ATV, please post a picture or two, to give me some ideas.. They had some cool sticker kits for them, but I would like to see them on a ATV first.

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
I have a YFZ450. Mine is white with silver graphics. I would recommend first rejetting the carb, this things come from the factory a little on the lean side. I noticed on mine at night the exhaust pipe would glow bright red and was told/read it was due to a factory lean condition. I dont remember what needle/pilot jet I went with but it is all related to your elevation above sea level.

As far as exhaust I liked the sound of the rosier pipe. I also rode mine with out a lid on the air intake(they say it makes it less restrictive but I didnt notice anything.)

I would also recommend getting a set of ITP holeshots for the rear(FUN FUN) instead of spinning you Hook up and feel the g forces that thing has to offer.

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
You're gonna have a blast with that thing. My uncle has a YFZ450 his first mod was exhaust, Yoshimura is the brand I think. He also changed the sprocket and boy does that thing haul ass. I love the low end grunt 4 strokes have. Congratulations and ride safe.

carguy19

Established Member
Youve been bitten by the bug...... look forward to buying at least 5 more quads in your lifetime. LOL

I love when they are brand new and so clean before they are ridden. They look so nice.
Thats a pretty stout first quad you got there... good luck with it.

AintShePurty

Established Member
first of all, good idea with the nerf bars. They make for a much safer ride. As for first mods, dasa exhaust is the way to go for instance performance. Look them up they've got more than enough credibility. Like stated before, rossier also makes a good pipe. Whichever exhaust you do decide to go with, make sure you get a jet kit for the carb and if possible, stay away from "SLIP-ON" exhausts. Try to buy a full set-up that includes the muffler and a larger header pipe. If you just buy a slip-on, you'll find that you'll just end up goin with a full set-up in the future. Whatever you do, good luck and RIDE SAFE and STAY ALERT. Its not always what you're doing that can hurt you, but somebody else's stupidity that can cause a really bad accident. Believe me, i know. Any questions, shoot me a pm. I've been riding for years.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
That thing must have come out of a time capsule. How did you find 2005 model that clean?

Your first mods should be to buy a full system exhaust like an HMF, Sparks, or Rossier. Then pull the airbox lid off and re-jet the carb. Your best bet for rejetting is to pick up the GYTR jet kit, it comes with a new needle and both main and pilot jets that work with any piped bike.

Also, about the exhaust. Even when the bike is jetted right, the header pipe will glow red at night. It's nothing to worry about.

To get some good information head over and check out YFZ Central.

YFZCentral (Powered by Invision Power Board)

Here's my bike, it's an 05 also.

-202-2resize.jpg

-203-2resize.jpg

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
I have an 04. Full exhaust (I have Thunder Alley), remove airbox lid, and x1000 on the cam mod. Oh and of course rejet.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Ive got a 06 YFZ450 Bill Ballance edition that has less than 20 hours on it. I love riding it but the riding area is too far away for me so I never ride it anymore. Im actually thinking about selling it.

The first thing you should be worried about shouldnt be mods you should be worried about getting all of your safety gear first. helmet, chest guard, gloves, goggles and riding boots.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread