I/c pump mod!!!!

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Well I was at the track and found out how to get the i/c pump to run by itself. I don't know if any one has done this yet but if not I will tell everyone and have pics to do it to. Oh yeah you can have the pump running and don't need the key or the car on. :D

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
did you do the "bridge" with the relay????
i tapped into the wire off the PCM and hooked it up to a toggle switch, a lot easier.
it does help!
-tony

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Yeah I bridged the relay. I just got home and didn't search but I have now found the switch off the pcm. I will do this and the fan mod before the next track day.

03RedCobra

Established Member
I was wondering if either one of you two would be able to e-mail how to do this Mod ??

Did you do just the Intercooler, or have you also done the Radiator fan to come on with the car off as well ???

I would like to do both of these Mods to my car, and have 2 switches in the car to turn the I/C and Radiator Fans off and on, but I have NO clue how to do this.

Any input would be appreciated.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
I did a search for the mods and found the ones for the switches. The only thing I'm not sure about is if you have to have your key in or not. But for the i/c pump you have to pull the relay under the hood and bypass it with a wire. I will probably do the switches this week before I get to the track again.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I just noticed..you named your car Chistine. Have you ever seen the movie, or read the Steven King book "CHIRSTINE"?

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I just noticed..you named your car Chistine. Have you ever seen the movie, or read the Steven King book "CHIRSTINE"?

That movie rules! '58 Plymouth Fury......with a Hemi. :pepper:
(<--Mopar guy)

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
and of course it doesn't work. Dang. IC Pump clicks on and off instead of staying on. We were able to get it to come on always when the car is running though.

Next.....toggle switch for when car isn't running.

BLUBYU2

Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
i tapped into the wire off the PCM and hooked it up to a toggle switch, a lot easier.
it does help!
-tony

Can you describe and or show how you did this mod. This will be next on my list.

:p

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
HISSMAN said:

YEP and YEP.

Thats why I named it christine. Its just evil. It kills all sorts of things on the street and all kinds of problems. Now only if it would fix itself.

2003snake

Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
it does help!
-tony

Did you just have to ground the PCM wire to get the pump to come on?

Which wire is it?

Users who are viewing this thread