I did a thing... Dodge Content..

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Haha...yes. The pictures are from the test drive home. They are coming off tomorrow...lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Very, very nice!!!
Love the color scheme. Enjoy.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
20220101_132613.jpg

scott_0

Established Member
Love the ride! Great combo.
I also did a end of year impulse buy on a Trackhawk.
As a Ford guy I wish they made rides like the used to (and SRT/FCA does currently).
-J

welp, sadly, that is coming to an end….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty sharp dude. Very cool regular use car if that’s your intent for it.

As someone else said, I’d almost kill to drive manual despite the performance downside. However, after only a short drive in my dads 18’ 5.7 RT, you have to acknowledge new 8/10/dct autos are lively little bastards.

Car looks real good.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Nice buy! I like the color combo as well! How has it been so far? granted you just got it

My dad has an R/T scat pack shaker in the matte gray which he doesnt drive at all.. Like maybe 500 miles in last 2 years. Just takes up space. Keep telling him to get rid of it and get the money for it. But he wont. Ah well!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I absolutely am loving this car. It is middle of the road as far as power and speed, when compared to the mustangs that I have owned and tuned on. But, wow, this car really fits me. I've just been taking snaps of it out of my office window this morning... and staring longingly. As I am digging into it and learning, which is part of the fun, I am finding that this may be one rare puppy. Especially do to the chip shortage and shut down of the plant that was producing them. Smoke show T/A's with the 392 over the 345 seem to be numbered in the teens. Then once you split the A8's from the M6's...This could be a 1 of 10 car or lower for 2021my. That has me digging deeper. Then split out the cloth vs leather interiors...Those who opted for the T/A hood pins, and those that didn't... Like me...Well...
For reference, without the shutdown there were only 124 total Smoke show Challengers with the 392's built for 2020my. That encompasses all of the Scat Packs, T/A's, and 1320 models. My interests in finding out how rare it is has really gone up in the last 24 hours.

20220103_082614.jpg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
We already know its a looker.. So how does it drive / handle?

i’ve really had to fight myself and not jump into a dodge as of late…

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
We already know its a looker.. So how does it drive / handle?

i’ve really had to fight myself and not jump into a dodge as of late…

I'm actually surprised. Now, it isn't as nimble as the S550 I had, but it definitely feels more planted than my old 2014 GT500. The interior is like sitting inside of an Audi or Mercedes with all the options. Everything is wrapped in leather or soft touch materials. Fit and finish is ridiculously good so far. Not one single rattle or noise. It is actually disturbing because that is something I have come to expect from a muscle car. I haven't ran it too hard yet, but it will move out, that is for sure. The SRT performance drive modes, etc are something I can't wait to fool around with. By far, this is the most solid 2+2 I have had to date, so far.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I'm actually surprised. Now, it isn't as nimble as the S550 I had, but it definitely feels more planted than my old 2014 GT500. The interior is like sitting inside of an Audi or Mercedes with all the options. Everything is wrapped in leather or soft touch materials. Fit and finish is ridiculously good so far. Not one single rattle or noise. It is actually disturbing because that is something I have come to expect from a muscle car. I haven't ran it too hard yet, but it will move out, that is for sure. The SRT performance drive modes, etc are something I can't wait to fool around with. By far, this is the most solid 2+2 I have had to date, so far.

That's what happens when you have a manufacturer stick with a platform that works and keep tweaking it to overcome any shortfalls and make it better. A lot to be said for that.

Not a Dodge guy at all, but I definitely would buy this before a Camaro any day. I do like the looks, always have, and they have packages for every taste which is smart on their part. Too bad that regulations are catching up to it because it would have been interesting to see what Dodge would cook up next. Lol.

I honestly have only seen one other T/A. I like it and would choose that if I were to get one. The T/A Challengers from the past were always the best looking ones IMHO.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
A T/A with the widebody package would have been killer. Not sure if they make it. Get some Trans-Am style wheels (mini-lite knock offs, etc.), side exhaust, and go as retro as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread