I did it again, but in Mystic this time.

Chuckieduck

Established Member
Hello all, Been awhile since I have been on since I sold my last Cobra. Been looking for another one for while and bought one this weekend. Some of you might have seen it on Craigslist. It's a '96 Mystic. It has a beautiful paint job on it. Most of the paint is original except the front bumper, part of the hood, the side skirts and the sail panels I think. The guy did a wonderful job blending in the repairs on the hood from rockchips and stuff. He clear coated the car and it looks great with one exception, he added stripes. I'm not sold on the stripes and prefered they were gone, but the body was so amazing I couldn't pass it up. They are kinda a greyish pearl and doesn't look to bad in the sun. Just don't care for them on a Mystic. It has brand new Mach 1 wheels installed with rear spacers. I will put them on Craigslist as soon as I get a chance and replace them with FR500s or Saleens. The transmission has been rebuilt with a new stock replacement clutch, all new brakes on each corner, shifter and 4:10 gears. Has springs installed but I'm not sure what brand. Has just over 130K on the odometer, but the motor runs damn good. First MOD will be the wheels. Second MOD is MM subframes. I will drive it around a bit to see if I like the springs and decide if i want to stick with them or switch. I will then add a torque arm, LCA and panhard. will also order me a set of caster/camber plates. I can see the wheels go in slightly at the top from the lowering springs, but not too bad.

I will start collecting engine parts. My plan is to stick with the stock crank and go to forged rods and pistons, do the IMRC deletes, install a Procharger with intercooler.

Don't beat me up too bad about the stripes.

Chuckieduck

Established Member
photoxm.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5034/photoxm.jpg

Last edited:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
The car looks wicked clean. Sounds like you have a great list of mods you're thinking about too, keep us in the loop!

phinhead34

Established Member
Like the car but the stripes gotta go. I dont like stipes on sn95's and especially on a mystic. Agree with you on the wheels , saleens or fr500 would look great. Good luck!

Chuckieduck

Established Member
Took it for a ride tonight. Got about a mile down the road and the check engine light came on followed by the battery light. Then BAM! It went dead. Barely any juice. Luckly a friend of mine ran up to where I was and was able to run grab a new battery from the country store gas station 2 minutes before they closed. Installed a new battery and it fired right up but the battery light came on. Gauge showed about 10 volts. Love getting something new just to work on it.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
That's the cars way of making sure it found the correct owner. Kind of like a girl being a bitch to see if the guy can handle it before she gives it up LOL

tt54l32v

Established Member
That's the cars way of making sure it found the correct owner. Kind of like a girl being a bitch to see if the guy can handle it before she gives it up LOL

I picked mine up 400 miles away and the damn low coolant light came on 2m blocks from the guys house. Filled it up on the side of the road, no problems since.

J-Betschart

Established Member
Congrats on the car! Aside from them stripes It looks pretty damn good. And It sounds like its just an alternator, better then my problem. On both of the cobras i bought, with in 100 miles after the fans stopped working. I understand it happening once but again on a entirely different cobra?? Werid coincidence haha. But yes very clean car and one more thing.....has anyone else noticed how small that trailer is? Ive never seen a car be so stuffed on a trailer lol.

-Jordan

93&99cobrasvt

Established Member
Congrats from a fellow mystic owner. How much did you get it for? Ya,I am with everyone else when you can afford it get rid of the stripes ASAP haha. Mine has a procharger with IMRC deletes pm me if you have any questions? I have gone through it all with this project haha

Chuckieduck

Established Member
Took the alternator up to Autozone and it was bad. Going to order new PA performance one. Man they are expensive. Guess I will have to wait to give it a shakedown cruise in a few days.

greenscobie86

Established Member
^

Nice car. Congrats!

About the Alternator. The PA Performance ones are PRICE. You can get lucky on eBay though. I picked up and original MotorCraft used Lincoln Town Car alternator with only 45k miles for $45 shipped.

Its a better deal that your run of the mill $100 rebuilds that conk out after the first week.(ask me how I know)

Users who are viewing this thread