I got a 3D printer...

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Did you level the bed?

when we had a few come loose initially we turned the heat up a bit on the bed

Yes, did the full setup and set/calibrated Z. It then does a check for flatness, all ok.

Make a gun

On the list. ;)

Reading up on my part letting loose. Seems I need to clean my steel plate real good. Probably got oils from my hands on it. Will try again tomorrow.

TaraFirma

Established Member
Is there a really good online resource for online 3D printing. Areally good forum with helpful members?
Like, the SVTP of 3D printing. Ny neighbor has a 3D printer and just keeps tinkering. I told him he needs to find a knowledge base to learn from.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Is there a really good online resource for online 3D printing. Areally good forum with helpful members?
Like, the SVTP of 3D printing. Ny neighbor has a 3D printer and just keeps tinkering. I told him he needs to find a knowledge base to learn from.

Im not sure about websites but I was in a couple of FB groups geared toward the creality 3d printers and there was some good info in there.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
There is a group on Reddit. I bought Prusa and their forums are quite helpful, even for general 3d questions.

Move on, nothing to see here.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Check your nozzle gap to the build surface. And you may need more heat on the bed.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Was going to check this again. Made one of the pre installed files, a batman symbol, and the first layer is quite course. I'm going to recalibrate the first layer settings and see what happens.
I did give my steel sheet a thorough wash and that seems to have helped with the piece coming loose from the bed.
Was also reading about nozzle size. I think I might buy a few different sizes.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
My 13 year olds big day for a 180 layer RC Wheel he has been working on. Zero help from me. Had to share.
20210531_145105.jpeg
20210531_145117.jpeg
20210531_145338.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Your son did a fantastic job! I’m sure he’s already thinking of more RC parts to make next.
I really need to get one of these!

Ken

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
He has made quite a few parts already, but this is the most intricate. Just his self taught ability to measure and figure spacing is just as amazing to me. He talks in Metric though.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Son came in from last night running his new RC Bronco. He knows the sound of a striped gear. He tears into it and comes out minutes later with the striped gear. I recommend getting a brass gear but they're not available yet. He said he would just make it. I was gone all day, but when I arrived home he was ripping it up with the RC because he had fixed it already. He said it was assembled wrong and the small pinion gear was only contacting drive gear by 50%. The 3D printer is the Best gift I ever could have given him for a confidence builder.
20210714_180410.jpeg
20210714_180316.jpeg
20210703_135416.jpeg

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Son came in from last night running his new RC Bronco. He knows the sound of a striped gear. He tears into it and comes out minutes later with the striped gear. I recommend getting a brass gear but they're not available yet. He said he would just make it. I was gone all day, but when I arrived home he was ripping it up with the RC because he had fixed it already. He said it was assembled wrong and the small pinion gear was only contacting drive gear by 50%. The 3D printer is the Best gift I ever could have given him for a confidence builder.View attachment 1712053View attachment 1712054View attachment 1712055

Hot damn, that kid is going places.
I need a gear designed. Maybe I need his help.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Son came in from last night running his new RC Bronco. He knows the sound of a striped gear. He tears into it and comes out minutes later with the striped gear. I recommend getting a brass gear but they're not available yet. He said he would just make it. I was gone all day, but when I arrived home he was ripping it up with the RC because he had fixed it already. He said it was assembled wrong and the small pinion gear was only contacting drive gear by 50%. The 3D printer is the Best gift I ever could have given him for a confidence builder.View attachment 1712053View attachment 1712054View attachment 1712055

that's awesome!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I still have a few adjustments to make to the pants. They are riding too low, as the waist is too large, so they keep sliding down...which is why the thigh pads are so close to the knees. I also need to re-attach the lower gray leather piece over my stomach a little higher. Not bad for a first fitting.
FB_IMG_1634426780771.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread