I got my new computer!!!

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Well two weeks ago my old computer took a dump on me. I figured I was on barrowed time seeing as how the old computer was...well...old at 6 years lol.

So I pulled the trigger and ordered me an Alienware Area - 51 computer last week. And I just got it today and so far the thing is AMAZING. I am currently playing some COD on it and it just rocks, no lag, full video/graphics settings.

Although it was some what pricey the service I received has been nothing but first class and I will definately buy my next computer from them and recommend them to anyone looking for a very nice computer.

Just thought I would share some news with my fellow SVTPers out there that are into computers. The one I have is by no means the top of the line but for me it does just great.:rockon::beer:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I hear Alienware is a Dell brand and their XPS series is basically a non-riced Alienware.

I'm sure there's a few more differences though...

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
id like to upgrade mine to where I can run COD4 on it with no problems. I have a HP Touchsmart computer but I have no clue what I need to get to be able to play games with no problem on it. If I could do that, the PS3 would sit

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I hear Alienware is a Dell brand and their XPS series is basically a non-riced Alienware.

I'm sure there's a few more differences though...

Yea Alienware is owned by Dell but run in house from what I have read. And I wouldn't say that an Alienware is "riced" either. But to each their own. I love mine so far.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I was looking at the Alienwares before I bought my XPS. I just didn't think I would be doing that much gaming to get an Alienware and didn't want to spend that much money so I went with Dell XPS and love it.

Congrats on your new purchase :beer:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I was looking at the Alienwares before I bought my XPS. I just didn't think I would be doing that much gaming to get an Alienware and didn't want to spend that much money so I went with Dell XPS and love it.

Congrats on your new purchase :beer:

Thanks! I was looking at them also. But I have been eyeing these things up for a while and always said that I would get one when my other computer finally bit the dust. Almost didn't do it but then said why not.:beer:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
yea alienware computers are the shit but in my personal opinion highly overpriced.

I would agree but it just wasn't cost effective for me to build another one at this time. I am just too busy with school and everything else. And just like most everything else you pay for the name.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
6 years old and on borrowed time?

hell my 5 year old Dell (P4 2.4ghz single core, 512mb ram, FX5200) was resurrected recently when my gaming rig decided to poop a BIOS chip. Loaded Vista Ultimate and ran Aero them no problem, like a brand new PC right off the shelf. Scored a 3.2! My gaming rig can only muster up a 5.4. Sure, if you had 10 things open it would start to fail, but for menial tasks (Office, Internets, downloading) it was just a tad bit slower than my rig (3.0ghz AM2 Dual Core, 4gb Geil Ram, 8800GTXoc, all SATA3.0, etc).

computers are only as slow as the garbage you load on them. Take out the trash every once in a while (IE reformat!)

I would agree but it just wasn't cost effective for me to build another one at this time. I am just too busy with school and everything else. And just like most everything else you pay for the name.

what did you pay for said Alienware and what are the specs?

My buddy just spent 4500$ on his and specs are pretty much on par with my rig, and i spent $1200 on it! I think hes burnt out two video cards as well, and hasnt even touched any clock settings, all ive burnt out is a bios chip, and all i had to do was find a replacement online and have my buddy flash it with the current bios revision. Cost me 20$ and a 12pack of BL Lime.

Last edited:

GT_Jim

Established Member
I had a friend buy one while we were in Iraq (FOB Speicher(sp?)), laptop cost him $4,600 at the time. Overpriced? Yes. But for somebody with the money but not time its well worth the price and they took care of him long after the sale.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
what kind of alienware did you get? Laptop? m15x or m17x? or a desktop? I have an alienware m7700 that I bought 3-4 years ago and its on its way out now. Now that I have owned an Alienware, I can agree with the others that they are way overpriced... I just ordered a Sager 5796 with an Nvidia 9800GTX. Which is alot cheaper and better then the Alienware IMO.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
way overpriced nowadays. When they first started up they were awesome, great price-performance, and they apparently still have great customer service, just not much value anymore. I'll stick with building my rigs for 1/3 the price.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
way overpriced nowadays. When they first started up they were awesome, great price-performance, and they apparently still have great customer service, just not much value anymore. I'll stick with building my rigs for 1/3 the price.

2300 dollars is a fair amount to spend if you are getting a top of the line computer... in fact thats a steal. If you want any old computer $800 will do but you want be able to play all games with the incredible details that graphics cards in SLI will allow you to do.

And btw... Alienware customer service blows... I have never had such horrible customer service in my life.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Well I like it so far. I always wanted one and so I bought it. Could I have pieced together another computer for half the price? Yea but it wouldn't be an alienware.

I knew I was going to pay more just for the name, big deal, that happens with everything you buy.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Congrats man - I just put together my PC a few weeks ago. 1000W Power supply, 780i FTW mobo, Q9550 2.8 ghz quad, 4 gigs of 1066 ram, and an EVGA GTX280 SSC card. Was the first one I've built - guess I got lucky that it all went smoothly and seems to be running well so far. Was ~$1800 in parts including the case and HD & optical drives.

You gotta check out Crysis - the graphics are outstanding. Downloading the newly released Crysis: Warhead on Steam now - man what a geek :D

I've to pick up COD4 next - looks like a lot of fun.

Last edited:

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
I bought mine from cyberpowerpc...
Prices are rock bottom, but I was a little nervous about quality etc...
The computer is 100%.
Got it about a year ago.
nvidia 750 SLI mobo
2gb DDR2 corsair
Two 8600GT 512mb in SLI
Quadcore q6600
250gb HD
DVD/CDRW
All top of the line cooling etc.

Only paid 800 when equivalent PCs from every other manufacturer were at least 300 more.
Alienware/Falcon NW/XPS were around 1900.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
lol only alienware pcs worth buying are laptops. their desktops are pointless. an equivalent desktop to my computer from alienware would cost over $6,000, and i built mine for $1,900

Users who are viewing this thread