I have a Digital Camera question. . .

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I got a Casio Exilim EX-Z50 for Christmas, so far it looks really nice. I have only taken one picture with it, but the picture didnt seem to be as clear as the camera I was using before which was a Canon Powershot SD100. The canon is a 3.2 megapixel and the Casio Exilim is a 5.0 megapixel.

Also, when I am looking through the monitor on the casio, it looks very grainy compared to the Canon. I think the casio might have been the one they had on display at the store because that was the last one they had. Do you think that might have an affect? Or if any of you guys have the casio, let me know how you like it.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
That is a good point shake/bake. I just checked and the quality is on "fine". The other options are normal or economy so Fine should be the best. But thats the only thing I have found so far.

I might try and see if I can swap this one out for a new one that was not used as a display model just in case.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
I don't know about yours but mine lets me adjust from 5mpxl down to 1mgpxl. when I first used it it was set at 2mpxl and of course it looked worse then expected.

Blackie

I have a Fujifilm S5000 camera and it has 3.1 megapixels. When I shoot at the very highest setting (6M on my camera) the pics look great and are huge on my computer monitor.
However, If I shoot in the RAW format, the pics are just as big (if not bigger) but they do appear 'grain-ier'.

I guess the diffrence is that a picture taken in the RAW format is uncompressed (thus the file size is a lot bigger) and the resoultion on my monitor of that pic is 240. Also, the extension is .raw and can only be opened with Photoshop CS2.

In the regular non-RAW mode, the pics have a resoultion of 72 and have the regular .jpeg extension. These can be previewed & opened up by Windows XP.

To make a long story short :rolleyes: , try taking pics in a regular compressed mode (non-RAW format) and see if it works.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
type911/ San Pedro - thanks for the info guys :beer: I appreciate your help.

I know my question is a hard one to answer without being able to see the camera in person. And me not being extremely knowledgeable in this area doesn't help either. I really wish I knew someone local who had the same camera so we could compare.

But I will look into the formatting and see what I can find.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Tomorow, I will take a picture to show you guys. One will be from the 3.2mp Canon and another will be from the 5.0mp Casio.

Users who are viewing this thread