I have a TICK!!

Rev_HardSVT

Midwest Mustangs
Established Member
I started the '03 just now to let it run since it's been in storage for a bit, and when I opened the hood I was hearing a ticking sound coming from either the blower or the head. I really couldn't figure it out. Anyone know what this might be coming from?

Rev_HardSVT

Midwest Mustangs
Established Member
I just changed the engine oil about 600 miles ago, but I haven't changed the blower since I've had it.. Do I take it to a dealer or is it easy enough to change it myself??

Rev_HardSVT

Midwest Mustangs
Established Member
I wish I had one. Dropped my digital in the lake on accident this past summer.. I guess thats what happens when you party naked and drunk huh???

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
You should make a vid and then we can tell you if you have a tick or not.

+1

I had the same suspicion... got the car and swore I had a tick. I mean I hear a ticking sound clearly. Got all scared and took it to the dealership, they told me it was nothing. Posted a video and everyone said the same thing. After a while I started to ignore it and now i don't hear a thing. Someone posted a video on youtube of a cobra with the "tick" and after listening to that, I KNEW I didn't have it. That shit is very LOUD!

Here, does your car sound like this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIcad3YAu_E]YouTube - My '04 Cobra ticking[/ame]

If it doesn't then your probably fine. I know every tick isn't that loud, but as of now, I've never hear a confirmed ticking cobra any quieter.

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
All cars will have a "tick" or some weird noise. The only reason Cobra owners always freak out about it is because of this blown out of proportion problem, so anytime someone hears a noise, the internet has them thinking that their engine is about to blow up.

Vnmous1_04

InFamous Racing
Established Member
damn sounds like my car when it ran lean and the rings got seized...piston slap... :(

My car sounded exactly the same but it was an 04 with fixed heads...i dunno sounds like piston slap to me... mine was really low so i thought it was the tick but then after two weeks i started it up and it was really loud :(...true enough a cylinder ran lean and i had piston slap...shit to do heads your gonna need to pull that bad boy out youll know sure enough then...

Last edited:

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
when i was looking at mine i thought the same about the tick..but then again i was looking for it because i was suspicious. Just know that the injectors make a ticking noise when they are kicking on and off constantly. I am pretty sure that is what i have heard because it is def not as loud as in that vid and my tick was definately louder the closer to the injectors that i got...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Tick is very noticeable, i know because every DSM i know or have known had the tick after an oil change or if using the wrong weight.

most people freak cause they hear loud injectors or coils, or even a slight exhaust leak (if your headers/manifolds have been swapped) and instantly think its tick when its probably not.

RS22

Established Member
I wish I had one. Dropped my digital in the lake on accident this past summer.. I guess thats what happens when you party naked and drunk huh???

"Shit happens when you party naked" my buddy has that tattoo'd on his ass. Long story but basically this chick was so drunk she shit on the walls...:loser:

Users who are viewing this thread