I have fallen in love with a new watch and am now obsessed with obtaining one.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Bruno, there is a guy in Roadside that’s a jeweler and raffling off a Rolex. Not this mod however. But he maybe able to help. I’ll see if I can find the thread.

On another note anyone know of any company that fixes LCD watches? I got an old Seiko chronograph that was my grandpa’s I wouldn’t mind fixing depending on pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was in on that raffle but I lost. It was a good cause so I was happy to help.

Try the forum watchuseek for help with your watch.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I was in on that raffle but I lost. It was a good cause so I was happy to help.

Try the forum watchuseek for help with your watch.

Ah ok yes very good on you for helping.

I will check that out. A local place re-did the Pulsar watch for me that was my grandpa’s but doesn’t do LCD and didn’t have anyone to recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
The only watch I have is the one I got for high school graduation. It's got a lot of sentimental value seeing as neither my folks nor I thought I would graduate. I haven't worn it in almost 40 years. The last time I wore any jewelry/watch was a wedding ring and that's been quite a while now too. :cool:

That's damn fine lookin' timepiece though Bruno.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Meh...Rolex is dated...old men. I have two Tags that I never wear and about 6 Citizens that I never wear. I got an Apple Cellular from my wife on our anniversary and it's all I wear now. It just does about 100 times more than a normal watch. But I guess you have your phone for all that as well.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I need to stop entering threads like this. Somehow stopped the addiction a year or so ago and don't want to relapse lol.

Although looking at the prices at some watches is a good way to kill the "want" lol

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member

Zemedici

Established Member
Meh...Rolex is dated...old men. I have two Tags that I never wear and about 6 Citizens that I never wear. I got an Apple Cellular from my wife on our anniversary and it's all I wear now. It just does about 100 times more than a normal watch. But I guess you have your phone for all that as well.

That’s how i am, i was grabbing up G Shocks like mad, but my Apple Watch does everything i need it to, and i don’t see myself wearing any other watch tbh

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I would agree that the Sub is like what every person gets when they want to get a nice timepiece but doesn't want to spend big bucks and doesn't know much about timepieces. To me the GMT looks too much like a sub.

I will say though the Milgauss black face is my favorite Rolex.

My timepiece crush is currently this Maurice Lacroix

Attachments

• maurice-lacroix-diving-chronographer-gessato-gblog-2[1].jpg
    maurice-lacroix-diving-chronographer-gessato-gblog-2[1].jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 124

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Id like to have a super nice watch but I just cant bring myself to spend that kinda money thank god. My $500 citizen has treated me pretty well.

If you are looking for a nice inexpensive watch look at some quartz Tissot watches. One of my first "nicer" watches was a tissot prc200 and I still have it, and still love it. Its my daily watch that gets beat up and I don't mind.

Attachments

• tissot prc 200[1].jpg
    tissot prc 200[1].jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 145

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I'm new to the hobby and still in school (bach in meteorology in May, start meteo grad school in August), but this is my "grail" for the time being.

Seiko Cocktail Limited Edition "Starlight" face
This watch with an Ox Blood strap, mmmmmm
Seiko.Cocktail.Starlight4.jpg Seiko.Cocktail.Starlight3.jpgSeiko.Cocktail.Starlight.png

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
You ever see a Grand Seiko? That’s an awesome piece and very well made.
I have seen some (none in person)

This one though, just won't stop yelling at me to buy one.

Like I said, new to the hobby. Still own my first watch (Nixon) but needs a repair, just got gifted a smart watch but I'm not a big fan.

Plans are to fix my Nixon for everyday and save for that Seiko for the dressier needs

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I guess I'm crazy, I just never liked Rolexes.
I've never owned one but a dentist turned attorney turned teacher that I had in high school had a few, gave his daughters the option of getting a Rolex or pay credit card debt as (college) graduation gift. "They look nice and they say Rolex and all, but they keep the worst time out of any watch I've owned."

Not saying this is fact, just something I've heard
Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread