I have fallen in love with a new watch and am now obsessed with obtaining one.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Yeah OK OP. Guess I've just gotta say...

I'm with you 100%!!! I think this was a welcome addition to the line. As cool as the white gold Pepsi model was/is, it just isn't for me. Too heavy, too expensive and too delicate. They knocked the proportions of the Jubilee out of the park. It's a nice nod to vintage styling as well as a subtle departure from existing models. I've got an original Matte Dial Pepsi GMT Master as well as a modern, black Ceramic GMT II. Both on Oyster Bracelets and this thing would look perfect sitting between the two.

My only concern is that the red/blue colors of the bezel insert aren't quite what they used to be. Almost purple in certain lights. Regardless, just an awesome watch. Also, LOL at the misinformation in this thread.

Lastly, for those not into these watches, the red/blue "Pepsi" color scheme was introduced in the late '50s as a collaboration with PanAm Airlines and served as a flight tool for tracking multiple timezones on a 24-hour scale. Later, enthusiasts gave them the "Pepsi" nickname. It's a Swiss icon with a lot of American history.

Post up some pics of you matte dial gmt. I love that watch. It’s probably the most versatile watch Rolex ever made. You can get different bezel inserts and two different bracelets for lots of combinations.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
The new Rolex gmt Pepsi on a jubilee bracelet.

I ****in need this watch.

View attachment 1476072

It looks like the watch is going to be so sought after that it could take years to find one??
So I am on the hunt now. I called local Rolex dealers and got on some lists. I hate to be obsessed with shit like this. I need pro help.

https://m.rolex.com/watches/baselworld/new-gmt-master-ii/m126710blro-0001.html

Ever looked at buying watches in your IRA account? The rules are a bit ambiguous on collectibles and I am interested if anyone has done so.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
pixel.gif

4Zm6MN

Ever looked at buying watches in your IRA account? The rules are a bit ambiguous on collectibles and I am interested if anyone has done so.

I would say no chance, "The IRS considers such items as works of art, antiques, rugs, gemstones, metals, coins, stamps and alcoholic beverages to be collectible items, which you cannot put into your IRA. The IRS adds the ambiguous phrase "certain other tangible personal property" to its list of prohibited collectibles. This covers anything else the IRS might determine to be a collectible item, even if it is not specifically identified as such in official IRS publications."

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
I have not and would not.

I’ve maxed out my ira since I started working and I wouldn’t touch it to buy a watch.
A watch like a Rolex is something you buy with “extra” monies. If you’ve got to touch investment money to buy a toy you’re doing it wrong.

ZINCYELLOW01

Established Member
i'd love to get a grand seiko.

Grand Seikos are really impressive, especially given the price. The designs just haven't spoken to me. Whenever somebody asks me for an inexpensive watch recommendation I cut straight to the Seiko SKX007J:
Though out of production, you can still pick them up on Amazon for relatively little money. They look killer on a NATO strap, have a bulletproof automatic movement, proper depth rating and the J code watches, made in Japan, are finished/built very nicely. It's my least expensive watch (less than an Apple Watch) and honestly just as satisfying as the high-end Swiss stuff.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Grand Seikos are really impressive, especially given the price. The designs just haven't spoken to me. Whenever somebody asks me for an inexpensive watch recommendation I cut straight to the Seiko SKX007J:
Though out of production, you can still pick them up on Amazon for relatively little money. They look killer on a NATO strap, have a bulletproof automatic movement, proper depth rating and the J code watches, made in Japan, are finished/built very nicely. It's my least expensive watch (less than an Apple Watch) and honestly just as satisfying as the high-end Swiss stuff.
I’d wear that over an Apple Watch 8 days a week. There’s also the same watch with a red and black bezel for the same money.

When people ask me what to buy and don’t want to spend as much as a Rolex I suggest Tudor.
For me the Rolex is more desirable only because it will hold its value the best. Better than a grand Seiko. It’s almost like you can buy a Rolex, wear it for years and get all your money back if you get bored.

johnkn

Established Member
In many cases it's exactly like that. My friend only owns a single Rolex, A Date Just that's 10 years old. He is trading it in on a new Rhodium dial Rolex and actually getting more in trade than he originally paid. I've got 4 vintage Matt dial Rolexs that I've owned perhaps 15-17 years, all are probably worth 3x what I paid, but they are in extremely nice condition and very desirable ( Red Sub, Double Red SD, Great White SD, and early GMT)

ZINCYELLOW01

Established Member
In many cases it's exactly like that. My friend only owns a single Rolex, A Date Just that's 10 years old. He is trading it in on a new Rhodium dial Rolex and actually getting more in trade than he originally paid. I've got 4 vintage Matt dial Rolexs that I've owned perhaps 15-17 years, all are probably worth 3x what I paid, but they are in extremely nice condition and very desirable ( Red Sub, Double Red SD, Great White SD, and early GMT)

That's quite the lineup! Please DM me if you're ever interested in selling any of them. Always wanted to find one in the wild and not have to go through a dealer or big time collector.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I have a Daytona but I don't wear it much. I'm always too nervous about jacking it up in the course of daily wear. Usually when I'm actually wearing a watch I wear these Autodromo watches or a Corum Admiral.

I appreciate the technical capability and craftsmanship required to create a really nice watch, same as a car. I do think the watch market is saturated with super ugly gaudy wrist-bricks though. I used to not care for Rolex or similar but now I think it's much nicer than the gold plated bedazzled full-size grandfather clocks people are strapping to themselves.

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
I've got a couple of Gshocks that I wear. Hell I don't even pay for those, they go on the Christmas list.

I couldn't justify dropping 4 or 5 digits on a timepiece.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I saw the Pepsi Rolex on fleabay yesterday for $5500

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

121AK

Established Member
I have a couple watches. Nothing major though. I got a nice Fossil watch for a 5 year work anniversary once.

I'd love to have a Breitling Cockpit B50! Just a cool $7,000.
8b942280-1f30-42ff-9845-00d3439074eb.jpg

alidsm

Established Member
I've got a couple of the Chrono MVMT watches and they have been pretty good for the price.
Bought this one for my wedding.

Nordstrom.Mens.Chrono.SilverGrayLeather.Side_1024x1024.progressive.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread