I hear the RS is coming to the USA for sure

662HP631TQ

Established Member
How much real truth is there to this? I'd love to see it also, but I mean it has been so long and to introduce it now? Sounds weird but a Good kind of weird!

Jtaugner

Established Member
I would love one and retire the 5.0. Co-worker has a ST and it's surprisingly comfortable and quick. Comes with all the bells and whistles. Completely jealous of the MPG.. FWD + Turbo 4/5 Cylinder.. Mmmm.

Steve@Tasca

How much real truth is there to this? I'd love to see it also, but I mean it has been so long and to introduce it now? Sounds weird but a Good kind of weird!

Well it's not that long really since the ST turbo has only been here a year.

The biggest stumbling block I see is that there is currently no RS globally, if there's no RS in Europe then there's no chance we're getting one here.

If they do produce one it'll have four doors unlike the previous versions.

-Steve

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
This is good news for reasons to bring the RS over.

Ford Focus ST drawing in younger, wealthier buyers | New and Used Car Reviews, Research & Automotive-Industry News & LeftLaneNews

According to data from The Detroit News, the average Ford Focus ST buyer has an annual salary of $127,000, which is nearly double that of the average Focus buyer. Moreover, that figures is $20,000 higher than the average Ford buyer on the whole.

Well it's not that long really since the ST turbo has only been here a year.

The biggest stumbling block I see is that there is currently no RS globally, if there's no RS in Europe then there's no chance we're getting one here.

If they do produce one it'll have four doors unlike the previous versions.

-Steve

RS doesn't always launch one RS after the other. They'll discontinue the car while they work on the other and their may be some time between production there. RS is definitely alive and well as in the email Jamal Hameedi sent Travis here talking about how RS worked on the GT500 to learn and give input on the RWD platform, and SVT was doing the same for their FWD platform. That FWD car was probably the Focus RS since this was lap testing at the Nurburgring which they probably had the RS out there on hand as well which they often do.

Last edited:

BV600

Established Member
I remember seeing a GHIG color RS and then a Orange RS, In Germany Loved them and wanted one for a DD.

Steve@Tasca

This is good news for reasons to bring the RS over.

Ford Focus ST drawing in younger, wealthier buyers | New and Used Car Reviews, Research & Automotive-Industry News & LeftLaneNews

RS doesn't always launch one RS after the other. They'll discontinue the car while they work on the other and their may be some time between production there. RS is definitely alive and well as in the email Jamal Hameedi sent Travis here talking about how RS worked on the GT500 to learn and give input on the RWD platform, and SVT was doing the same for their FWD platform. That FWD car was probably the Focus RS since this was lap testing at the Nurburgring which they probably had the RS out there on hand as well which they often do.

I didn't say they won't build an RS but if there isn't one globally we won't see one here and in the past Ford has always brought these cars to market in Europe first although it's entirely possible that won't happen with the next one since we do now have a couple high performance small Fords on the market here.

All I want is for one of them to be available in a three door. :(

-Steve

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
You don't know this. Their isn't even any spy pictures of the RS in camo. The RS is not coming for the 2015MY, maybe 2016MY.....maybe.

And Ford has never built an AWD Focus, so what makes you think the next RS will be AWD?

Absence of proof isn't a proof of absence.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
And Ford has never built an AWD Focus, so what makes you think the next RS will be AWD?

Absence of proof isn't a proof of absence.

Actually they've built multiple AWD Focus prototypes. They do it with every new generation to find the best results. One prototype had AWD w/ electronically adjustable suspension, twin turbo inline 6 with 350+hp and paddle shifters. The car was known about but not all the specs were confirmed; they called it the M3 slayer.

Last edited:

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Not that this means anything, but my brother has been in Ford finance for over 10 years, every time he has heard of something.... Electric/Hybrid, AWD Fusion, etc... It has happened within a couple of years. Saw him over Christmas and said, "Man bro, if Ford would make an AWD Turbo Focus, they would sell the crap out of them." His response, "they are going to build it soon." Hmmmm. I sure hope so.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
my money is on fwd revoknuckle sharing the ecoboost that will be going into the 2015 mustang

That would be my bet as well, but I'm hoping with their heavy use of lighter weight materials that they throw AWD in this time. Weight is what kept it out in the past so if they can offset with lightweight materials then that would be sweet!

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
My friend who works for Ford told me that there possibly will be an AWD focus coming out.

I have high hopes.

and for the guy wanting an M3 or a 5.0, i'd stay far away (miles) from any BMW.

Mika

Established Member
Not that this means anything, but my brother has been in Ford finance for over 10 years, every time he has heard of something.... Electric/Hybrid, AWD Fusion, etc... It has happened within a couple of years. Saw him over Christmas and said, "Man bro, if Ford would make an AWD Turbo Focus, they would sell the crap out of them." His response, "they are going to build it soon." Hmmmm. I sure hope so.

If I'm wrong about an awd focus RS, I will happily eat crow.

MadMoose

Established Member
I would be all over an AWD focus RS. Molten orange please.

It would make a lot of sense given the STI/Golf R/Evo in that price range all have AWD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread