I just ordered a 2023 Genesis G70 3.3T. I'm psyched!

TORQUERULES

Established Member
and 10R60. Tune fixed that issue but Ford's stock tranny tune is HORRIBLE.

Congrats Bob! Beautiful car! Kia/Hyundai/Genesis dealers have not been nice to deal with in my experience, dealing with them thru relatives was a headache. Hopefully your dealer treats you better.
Tune can fix a lot, but when it is cold it still has a mind of its own. At least for the first run through the gears. Stupid trans hates being cold and hates being too hot. Goldilocks complex.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Congrats Bob! Beautiful car! Kia/Hyundai/Genesis dealers have not been nice to deal with in my experience, dealing with them thru relatives was a headache. Hopefully your dealer treats you better.
My dealer is pretty good, but as with most dealerships out there, far from perfect. Today's work ethic and customer service ethics sucks.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I have heard Hyundai and Kia dealerships and service departments are trash. Hopefully Genesis can updgrade from this standard.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have heard Hyundai and Kia dealerships and service departments are trash. Hopefully Genesis can updgrade from this standard.
The same can really be said about most of the other automaker dealerships. My wife's Acura dealership service department was horrible when she bought the car back in 2021. They have improved but at the times we have gone there in 2022, not much business. I can say from experience that the two Genesis/Hyundai dealerships (for service) I've visited in CT are really good. I'm treated better than I was at Ford, BMW and Buick dealerships (for service). I do notice, though, regular new faces at my local Genesis/Hyundai dealership and that speaks to perhaps a work ethic issue which results in higher than normal staffing turnover. I was also told by my Genesis service manager that only certain staff can work on Genesis vehicles.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats Bob!!!
Bad ass cars. I was actually thinking of ordering one. Been in talks with John at Genesis Of Braintree. How long will the wait be? I think it's 3 -4 months, is what they told me.

Post up photos when you get that bad boy!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Tony. I was fortunate when I decided to visit my Genesis dealer because I noticed on their website that a G70 3.3T equipped exactly as I wanted was in transit. It was actually one of two G70s in transit. So the "wait" will end up being 3 weeks for me. Other than G70s in transit, my salesman told me that the normal wait time is around 4 months. But dealerships do swap cars so you (or your dealership) might be able to find one that's on the way or nearing transit.

I'll definitely post up photos when it arrives. One of the first things I intend to do is have my buddy (a detailer) ceramic coat the entire exterior, including the glass and wheels.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks Tony. I was fortunate when I decided to visit my Genesis dealer because I noticed on their website that a G70 3.3T equipped exactly as I wanted was in transit. It was actually one of two G70s in transit. So the "wait" will end up being 3 weeks for me. Other than G70s in transit, my salesman told me that the normal wait time is around 4 months. But dealerships do swap cars so you (or your dealership) might be able to find one that's on the way or nearing transit.

I'll definitely post up photos when it arrives. One of the first things I intend to do is have my buddy (a detailer) ceramic coat the entire exterior, including the glass and wheels.
That's awesome man. Congrats.
Looking forward to the photos.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Mine hangs on the 3-5 shift when it's cold. Not outside cold, but when I first take off after starting it.
Yep, if you tune out skip shift is usually the 3-4 and/or the 4-5 shift. The first run though the gears on a cold transmission (not operating temp). A tune can only do so much to help that. It seems to plague many an A10 no matter what.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member

Maybe it depends on the area of the country but here the two in close proximity to my home have the reputation of being shylocks.

LS WUT

Established Member
So I’ve got to admit I stumbled across a car lastnight that made me rethink many things. Yes, it’s common knowledge I drive a hellcat charger daily for work. However can we take a look at those 2018+ current RS3’s? Oh my lord. Makes me reconsider my current cars.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Had breakfast with my buddy this morning (the detailer). I told him what I had on order and on the way out he told me to call him when it arrives so he can schedule my ceramic coating. Just in time for Spring. The difficult part (for me) is that he absolutely won't take a penny.

During breakfast, we got to talking about my old 2019 G70 and he said he was really surprised when I sold it in 2021 to buy my GV70. He's happy I'm getting back into a 3.3T G70. If the shoe sits, (I'll) wear it. LOL.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
So I’ve got to admit I stumbled across a car lastnight that made me rethink many things. Yes, it’s common knowledge I drive a hellcat charger daily for work. However can we take a look at those 2018+ current RS3’s? Oh my lord. Makes me reconsider my current cars.
batman-vs-gilligans-family-feud.gif

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
These things with a tune are bonkers. 500+whp on meth and stock turbos.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep, you're right Kevin. For example, Burger Tuning (I used their Mini Cooper tuner back in 2015) makes a kit for the G70 that makes 450whp for $1,199. I just don't want to lose the awesome warranty. That said........................we'll see. But certainly not right away.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Lou. I have to call my dealer for a delivery update next week. I've got all my paperwork ready to go, DD214 for my military discount, Title for my 2022 GV70 trade, etc. Just waiting for the call that it's delivered and being prepared for my pickup. I do have to call my salesman and instruct him not to put on any dealer decals.

Users who are viewing this thread